Empress sailing out of Cape Liberty

Pima1988

I will be doing Oasis next summer out of Cape Liberty (Caribbean again).  It will be the only time Oasis will be there so I am going to take it with my family.  I knew that Anthem was leaving for the UK, and Oasis was replacing her just for the summer. Adventure would be staying in NJ.

Lo and behold, I saw that the Empress will now be in NJ next summer to do the NE/Canadian run.  She will stop at 1 port that I love.  Newport RI.

Kind of weird for Cape Liberty to have 3 RCL ships., and especially the small ship size of Empress.   I am not a fan of the smaller size ships. but that itinerary is amazing.  I would do that over Adventure in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

Lo and behold, I saw that the Empress will now be in NJ next summer to do the NE/Canadian run.  She will stop at 1 port that I love.  Newport RI.

Really?  Nice.  I grew up in RI and have been to Newport plenty.

We booked the Anthem for March.  I checked out all of next year's NJ cruises for Adventure, Empress, & Oasis.  They all are temping, but my wife works at RISD and it turns out the March date was best for us.  I have a friend who just got off the Empress last Saturday (6N) and really liked it.  No DL like @twangstersaid, but overall they had fun.  Also, no adult solarium, which for us is a pretty big deal.  Would love to do Oasis again.  We like the bigger ships too.  Not sure about Adventure, but we know we like Anthem.  Good luck with your choice...

2 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

I live just north of the RI border.  Been to Newport many times.  I never knew it was a port of call.  There's great things to do there for a 1 day stop.

You're not far.  We are in-between Providence and Worcester.  Did you say you ran a Pats podcast?  I listen to them all...

2 minutes ago, YOLO said:

You're not far.  We are in-between Providence and Worcester.  Did you say you ran a Pats podcast?  I listen to them all...

Not a Podcast, I help run a message board, PatriotsPlanet.  Been around since 2002.

I'm originally from Fitchburg, but been living near the "Sockett" for nearly 30 years.

@YOLO

I like the Anthem a lot, especially their Solarium and the ability to breakdown the cabin dividers for balconies.  However, I like Adventure more because of the promenade, vs the esplanade.  On Anthem it just feels congested no matter what time of the day.

I would only do the Empress, like when we did the Enchantment because it really is port intensive, so the pools are not a huge issue to me since we tend to go in port.

As I stated we will be doing Oasis next yr with 5 other couples since she will only be there for the summer season.  The cost was impo really cheap for an outside balcony. Under 1K pp with OBC for 7 nights.

48 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

Not a Podcast, I help run a message board, PatriotsPlanet.  Been around since 2002.

I'm originally from Fitchburg, but been living near the "Sockett" for nearly 30 years.

I'm there often!  I'm a big fan of Wright's Dairy Farm, Ye Olde Fish & Chips, and the Stadium Theatre.  Love the GOAT and the HOODIE too...

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I looked long and hard at those Empress itineraries but in the end decided that I could not do it. What can I say? I’m a big ship girl. It’s Adventure for us, and even that is a bit small ?

Same with me and some friends, the Bermuda sailings look so tempting but, the ship is part of the destination for us, so Adventure to Bermuda or Oasis to Caribbean it will be!

10 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

@YOLO

I like the Anthem a lot, especially their Solarium and the ability to breakdown the cabin dividers for balconies.  However, I like Adventure more because of the promenade, vs the esplanade.  On Anthem it just feels congested no matter what time of the day.

I would only do the Empress, like when we did the Enchantment because it really is port intensive, so the pools are not a huge issue to me since we tend to go in port.

As I stated we will be doing Oasis next yr with 5 other couples since she will only be there for the summer season.  The cost was impo really cheap for an outside balcony. Under 1K pp with OBC for 7 nights.

Anthem's Solarium is my favorite! We love the Voyager/Freedom class Promenade and the Schooner bar area. However, I feel the Esplanade is comparable to Promenade, a little different sure, but still that 'you're in a resort hotel shopping area feeling' but that's me.

I'd like to sail Oasis out of NJ too, but not sure it'll happen as we plan to go where our friends go and it might be Adventure -- and I am 100% okay with that! We will make up for it on Harmony December of 2020. Admittedly, it would be nice to see the changes since we last sailed her in 2012, but same is true for Adventure (2013).

18 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Wow, what an awesome price.  Hope you have a great time!  Is that for an outside balcony?  Curious, who did you book with?