10 Drink Card

You never know, even on ships where I have seen it, it is not offered on every sailing.  I think some of the decision is up to Bar manager and may be dependent on the current revenue stream for that particular sailing and whether they are hitting their revenue goal.

It is not anything you can count on seeing

13 hours ago, RoyalGreek said:

What do the drink card normally sell for and what drinks do they cover?

If it is the card for alcoholic drinks, from what I have seen it covers the same drinks as the DBP covers.  The cards often cover 10 drinks, but vary in price.  Sorrry, I don't have a good current price to quote you.  Maybe @Rob&Ana will chime in to help...

10 hours ago, Rob&Ana said:

The last few I have seen were 10 drinks (valid for drinks up to $13) for $80 plus 18%. A lot of the people that were buying them were using them to buy Martinis...

The math...  Say the total 10 drink card cost is $94.40.  Keep in mind these are sold near the very end of the cruise.  The question is which and how many drinks will I have before I depart?

Your cost would be if you drink:  10 = $9.44 each,  9 = $10.50 each, 8 = $11.80, 7 = 13.48, 6 = 15.73...  [adjust these if your purchase price is different]

To break-even you need to do two things:

1. Use 10, 9, or 8 drinks on the card (by the end of the cruise)!
  2. Order only drinks that are priced above the thresholds above for all of your drinks (determined by how many of the 10 you use).

Royal is gambling that you won't get this accomplished before you walk off the ship.  For them, the card is a for profit venture...

It sounds like the drink price limit matches up to what's available for the DBP.  Here is a link about that for more info:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/10/20/depth-look-royal-caribbeans-deluxe-drink-package

More drink card info can be found here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/06/23/spotlight-drink-cards-royal-caribbean-cruises