Why in Thrill Waterpark the water t-shirts are not allowed for men?

MDIAZ72

Hi everybody!

during our Perfect Day at Cococay (Last July), my two sons (14 and 10 year old) wear water t-shirts for two reasons: sun protection and to avoid injuries in waterslides.

Hi everybody!

during our Perfect Day at Cococay (Last July), my two sons (14 and 10 years old) wore water t-shirts for two reasons: sun protection
and to avoid injuries in waterslides.

Well, both of them were told that they should take off their shirts to go down the slides.

This restriction was not applied to women and I wonder why it is so.

My oldest son, when he launched himself on Daredevil's tower, was injured in the back with a bleeding wound about four inches
long produced on the slide.

I think that T-shirts should not be banned and less with discrimination between men and women.

Anyone else has happened?

While at CocoCay at the end of May (while on Harmony), our entire family (adults & kids) all had swim shirts on, and had no issues whatsoever with ANY of the slides in the water park!  I have no idea why they were banning swim shirts.

I haven't heard of any official policy or seen any signs to this effect...  I'm very much glad I DID have a protective swim shirt on, and certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in the water park without it!

7 hours ago, MarvinS said:

While at CocoCay at the end of May (while on Harmony), our entire family (adults & kids) all had swim shirts on, and had no issues whatsoever with ANY of the slides in the water park!  I have no idea why they were banning swim shirts.

I haven't heard of any official policy or seen any signs to this effect...  I'm very much glad I DID have a protective swim shirt on, and certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in the water park without it!

Hi @MarvinS!!

I'm glad you didn't have any problem with the shirts during your stay at Cococay Thrill Waterpark.

We were very surprised, since for the boat slides there is no restriction on the swim shirts.

Now we are trying not to have a very marked scar on my son's back due to the sunlight's influence.

5 hours ago, MDIAZ72 said:

Now we are trying not to have a very marked scar on my son's back due to the sunlight's influence.

Did your son have to go to the ship's infirmary or require any stitches? I know they make you sign a million disclaimers when you do these kinds of rides, but that's unconscionable that they would leave something exposed (I'm assuming a screw head or bolt nut) that could cause an injury like that!

17 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Did your son have to go to the ship's infirmary or require any stitches? I know they make you sign a million disclaimers when you do these kinds of rides, but that's unconscionable that they would leave something exposed (I'm assuming a screw head or bolt nut) that could cause an injury like that!

No, we did not go to the ship's infirmary or need stitches. I cured him with my emergency kit that I always carry on each
trip.
I removed the skin that had been torn off to prevent infection and applied Betadine (iodine).
I think it can be more than the screw head or a bolt nut, some grain of sand or a small stone that he would have attached
to his back. I threw myself on that same slide and I didn't have that problem (and I weigh a lot more than my son)

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, jmurray2020 said:

All of the slides hurt my back... every time I went over one of those little lines, it stung so badly.

Something similar for me.  I went down one that had a mat and you went down head first on your stomach.  Every time I went over one of the section joints, it pounded my knees.  By the time I got to the bottom, both of my knees were badly bruised.  That was the end of my water slide escapades.