Hello from the Gulf Coast

Ala_Paul

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Paul and my wife's Hillary. The two of us are booked for one of Navigator's short sailings - September 13th - and have another planned in April on Independence to bring the kids along! So glad to find this community to help share and plan for the trips. I've definitely learned a lot already. 

We're from the Alabama gulf coast, so within driving distance of all the Gulf Coast ports. I'm excited to see RCCL ships leaving out of New Orleans again (since it's the closest). But the 7-day cruises are hard to get off work right now so I'll have to wait until they start some 5 day ones. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome so far!

Paul

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome Paul and Hillary !

Ditto!  Welcome Paul & Hillary to the RCB forums.

How long of a commute is it for you to New Orleans?  I've never cruised out of (or even visited) New Orleans before, but last year we were looking at options to do so.  In the end we never found anything enticing enough to book.  Our idea was to go a few days beforehand and spend some time around the city.

42 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Ditto!  Welcome Paul & Hillary to the RCB forums.

How long of a commute is it for you to New Orleans?  I've never cruised out of (or even visited) New Orleans before, but last year we were looking at options to do so.  In the end we never found anything enticing enough to book.  Our idea was to go a few days beforehand and spend some time around the city.

Even without an enticing itinerary you can often find good prices for NOLA sailings..and it is totally worth it to spend some time in the city.  Plus sailing out on the Mississippi River is fun and different than your typical FL sailaways.

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

We're right on the coast, so New Orleans is only about 2 1/2 hours away. Much better than the 10 hours to Ft. Lauderdale! I've been to New Orleans a lot. There's plenty to do in the city for families, couples, or single folks. And you can always find a nice AirBnB for pretty cheap there. The trolleys run to most of the places you'd like to go, and it's just a good city for people watching.