Chops ever on sale?

I know there is always talk about watching the online cruise planner for sales and price changes on the Ultimate drink package... and I have seen the price for that fluctuate from $46 to $56 pp/pd for my upcoming Harmony cruise. BUT, I have also been watching specialty dining options... mainly a single night at Chops or the Chops +1 package. Those prices have been the same for as long as I can remember. (49.99 and 74.99) Has anyone ever seen them go down?? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, vanelli56 said:

I know there is always talk about watching the online cruise planner for sales and price changes on the Ultimate drink package... and I have seen the price for that fluctuate from $46 to $56 pp/pd for my upcoming Harmony cruise. BUT, I have also been watching specialty dining options... mainly a single night at Chops or the Chops +1 package. Those prices have been the same for as long as I can remember. (49.99 and 74.99) Has anyone ever seen them go down?? 

Thanks

Another option, if your main interest in Chops is ordering steak, is to order the Chops steak in the MDR with an up-charge.  The price may vary with promotions, but it is cheaper than Chops by itself.  If you can locate a recent MDR menu, you'll see what I mean. 

• 2 weeks later...

Once you get onboard they usually have specials like 30% off and even more. This depends on how busy each restaurant is during your sailing. On the last 5 or 6 cruises we have been on they have always has some deal going on, even on boarding day....don't be shy and ask the guys with the menus walking around the ship what kind of a deal you can get.

Its not 100%, if they have a lot of bookings they offer no deals....but like I mentioned we have been able to get a deal on the last 5 or 6 cruises no problem.

You just never know when a deal will pop up.  Before the Black Friday sales hit last November (actually ON Thanksgiving Day), I randomly found Chops at $33.60 each and snagged it.  The price didn't even come close during the Black Friday sale.  I advocate for keeping a close eye on the Cruise Planner for things you know you want.