UDP and Key v. suite

I've been wondering about a couple of  things.  These questions primarily apply to Oasis/Quantum class.

1.  It seems that the UDP is very popular.  Is it difficult to get reservations for times/restaurants desired?

2. With the UDP and the Key, is there any further benefit to a Grand Suite?  

On the O and Q Class the only amenity that they Key would give you would be dropping off your luggage on day 1 and perhaps a few flow rider sessions.  I don’t see the value in the Key if you are in a full suite.  I do understand your interest in the UDP if you enjoy the specialty restaurants but couldn’t see getting the a Key at all.

22 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

My question is more, if you can do UDP and the Key, why do the GS?

Gotcha.  I misunderstood.  I would rather take the full suite and give up the UDP and the Key.  A GS gives you full access to the suite lounge (free drinks) and CK (assuming that it is O or Q class) as well as the suite concierge.  If you are on O and Q class ships, you also get the suite sundeck which the Key does not give you access to.  

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Gotcha.  I misunderstood.  I would rather take the full suite and give up the UDP and the Key.  A GS gives you full access to the suite lounge (free drinks) and CK (assuming that it is O or Q class) as well as the suite concierge.  If you are on O and Q class ships, you also get the suite sundeck which the Key does not give you access to.  

Someday when I am on my dream suite cruise, I think the perk I’m looking forward to the most (after CK of course!) is the private sun deck.  I sooooo hate the chair hogging and would love to be able to get up at 10 and get a freaking chair rather than at 8 and eating breakfast on my deck chair! Jane

That was the decision I made.   Actually due to the Cuba cancellation and an incredibly good deal on a GS for the same week, I actually have have 2 GS cruises coming up.   One in August with a friend (Cuba replacement) and one in March 2020 with my husband that I booked several months ago.  He dislikes being inconvenienced so I thought a suite would help with that-particularly reserved seats at shows.   Thanks for the advice.   This site is awesome with great people

On 6/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, Fairlynew said:

It seems that the UDP is very popular.  Is it difficult to get reservations for times/restaurants desired?

Difficult? No. You may not be able to get exactly a specific day and time, but there's usually plenty of availability provided you make reservations for your sailing on embarkation day. 

On 6/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, Fairlynew said:

With the UDP and the Key, is there any further benefit to a Grand Suite? 

Primarily the priority access to signature activities and embarkation day luggage drop off. If I was in a suite, I would not book The Key, especially on a ship with Royal Suite Class where WiFi is included with your room.