An Ovation Vacation! - B2B Alaska Cruise - June 28th

CraftyCat05

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, ScooterScott22 said:

When we walked off out to the ride share area foot traffic appeared to be moving as fast or faster then the vehicles.  So it may be faster to walk if you expect to arrive at a time there will be heavy traffic.  We each only had a roller checked bag and a backpack so walking was not bad.  If you are carrying more bags that might factor also.

yes, that is one jam packed terminal as far as vehicles. Walking is better, but we had 3 Suitcases, 3 carry-ons and a 9 month old to drag along.

Hey everyone!

These past couple of days have been fun, and full of activities, excursions, shows, and food! Because of how busy I've been on this cruise, I haven't had much time to write and sort through pictures to post here on the blog. The WiFi here onboard has also been slow and dropping out at some points, making things a lot harder as well. To add even more fun to this, pictures aren't properly transferring from my SD Card to my computer, so I will need to figure that out tomorrow.

I'm hoping I'll have some time to catch up on writing and fixing my picture issues tomorrow and the next day while we're out at sea. We do have the North Star extended experience and iFly experience tomorrow, so tomorrow will also be busy! 

Sorry about the delay in posts and hopefully I'll have plenty of time to catch up soon. Let's hope this doesn't end up like last years blog!

Ha!  No worries @CraftyCat05!  Enjoy every moment and just post when you can.  We thread followers absolutely understand!  ?

We will travel the same route in a couple of weeks and I'd love to hear about the weather you are having on this trip.  I clearly have too many piles of clothes laid out - would love to lighten the load based on your weather updates.

I bet NorthStar and IFly will be terrific.

Enjoy!!

15 hours ago, Oilers76 said:

Do you recall when you were able to book ripcord prior to departure?  I am on an Ovation sailing this September and so far it is not available, I want to book before it fills up.

Thanks,

For my Ovation cruise in May it became available briefly just over 30 days out.  It booked up quickly and I rarely saw it available in advance again.  Like North Star you can usually get a reservation upon boarding but do so quickly as everyone else will be trying to secure a reservation upon boarding as well.  

On 7/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, twangster said:

For my Ovation cruise in May it became available briefly just over 30 days out.  It booked up quickly and I rarely saw it available in advance again.  Like North Star you can usually get a reservation upon boarding but do so quickly as everyone else will be trying to secure a reservation upon boarding as well.  

I am just over 100 days out for Ovation and reservations for fly and northstar showed up last week! I booked it up!