Chill Island Cabana Changes

I saw some of the video of the newly opened Perfect Day.   I attached this  OLD cabana map - but in new photos it looks like they added three new smaller cabanas on the left where the beach chairs used to be - also they took out the bar/restaurant.  Does any one know if there is a new map of just the Chill Island Cabanas and where you have to go for Drinks and Food.  From the description it sounds like they moved it all farther away. If anyone is going to be there in the next month please post pictures.

We have a Cabana Booked in June. 

59931863_10216488096049065_7998166730872455168_n.jpg.7579e69a20cc874490f03bbbf54400cc.jpg

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.  We have been watching these closely and RCCL posted a drone video of the entire island last night.  Attached are a few screen shots.  You can see they added 3 new cabana's (Without Porches), so these might actually be bungalows.  Also,  the building where the Bar and lunch used to be is missing.  Only the Waverunner rental building remains. 

I Also took a second look at my reservation and here is the description of Drinks and the lunch location:

Food & Drinks: Grab beverages at the nearby Wacky Seagull and Wacky Seagull Jr and help yourself to complimentary bites at Chill Grill restaurant

References to the Cooked to Order Lunch are gone now.  They also removed the snorkel gear and Float Mats, but we knew that before we booked.

Chill_Island_May_2019_-_1.jpg

Chill Island May 2019 - 2.jpg

Chill Island May 2019 - 3.jpg

Chill Island May 2019 - 4.jpg

18 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.  We have been watching these closely and RCCL posted a drone video of the entire island last night.  Attached are a few screen shots.  You can see they added 3 new cabana's (Without Porches), so these might actually be bungalows.  Also,  the building where the Bar and lunch used to be is missing. 

Chill Island May 2019 - 2.jpg

Looks like they removed the gold card suite area and put in three new cabanas.  Those pinnacles won't be happy.

Hope someone will let us know of any changes.  We sail in June on HS.  We have a cabana on Chill Island. The price I paid was over double the old cabana prices ($200) and about half of what is being charged today.   If there is no Cooked to Order Lunch, mats or snorkel gear I will find it hard to justify the nearly $500 cost.

For my cruise there were no bungalow options and I booked the cabana 9 mos before the cruise, thus, I took the cabana.  I am okay with it because my SIL is insanely fair so having all 3 sides shaded will make her happy.  I like the idea of being totally away from the crowds.  I have been told by recent passengers that although the beach mat is no longer included, some of their attendants went and got them free of charge.  My guess is that it depends on how many are there for the day.  I am hoping this is true, we will be the only ship that day, and it is the Adventure, so I don't see it being off the charts crowded.

• 1 month later...

I was at Chill Island yesterday. Much to my surprise, the Beach Bungalow’s are so much nicer than the Chill Island Cabanas. We had a cabana but wished we had reserved a bungalow. The bungalows have padded lounge chairs, way more shade,  and a true tropical view where as the cabanas face rocks and the ship. Additionally, we thought WiFi would be available as it is advertised, but you can not get it in Chill Island or South Beach, where the bungalows are located. You have to be at the island restaurant, Chill Grill, to get ship WiFi. Also, there were hundreds of unoccupied lounge chairs with umbrellas. You can easily get off the ship and find a free lounge chair with an umbrella- head to South Beach or the chairs next to Chill Island. I couldn’t believe how many chairs were available. I almost moved to a chair from my cabana bc they had nicer views and an umbrella. To get shade in the cabana, I had to pull my chair all the way back to the sofa. You do not get an umbrella with the cabana and most of the seating is in the sun unless you pull the chaise lounge back to the sofa,  and then no one can sit on the sofa. Also, the scenery around the Chill Island Cabanas is not attractive or tropical - more like a wooden shed stuck on a small peninsula. Again, the true island/tropical views are on South Beach, not Chill Island. There aren’t any trees, flowers or plants near the cabanas. The attendant service was very good but again, everything else was not a true cabana experience. You can save yourself some money and get a better experience by getting off the ship by 9:00,  and heading to South Beach. I could have easily gotten ten chaise lounges with umbrellas on the edge of the water with a beautiful tropical atmosphere. 

On 5/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, Pima1988 said:

For my cruise there were no bungalow options and I booked the cabana 9 mos before the cruise, thus, I took the cabana.  I am okay with it because my SIL is insanely fair so having all 3 sides shaded will make her happy.  I like the idea of being totally away from the crowds.  I have been told by recent passengers that although the beach mat is no longer included, some of their attendants went and got them free of charge.  My guess is that it depends on how many are there for the day.  I am hoping this is true, we will be the only ship that day, and it is the Adventure, so I don't see it being off the charts crowded.

Mats and snorkel gear are included, I was there yesterday. On embarkation day, go to shore excursions and reserve your cabana. On the form, it states that mats and snorkel gear are included. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:30 PM, Eddieb33 said:

We have one book for our June MoS sailing.  Without some of the extras like the mats and the lunch it is becoming less attractive.  We are thinking we might do a bungalow instead next time.

You get 2 mats and snorkel gear for two. We were there yesterday. 

19 hours ago, Rac said:

I was at Chill Island yesterday. Much to my surprise, the Beach Bungalow’s are so much nicer than the Chill Island Cabanas. We had a cabana but wished we had reserved a bungalow. The bungalows have padded lounge chairs, way more shade,  and a true tropical view where as the cabanas face rocks and the ship. Additionally, we thought WiFi would be available as it is advertised, but you can not get it in Chill Island or South Beach, where the bungalows are located. You have to be at the island restaurant, Chill Grill, to get ship WiFi. Also, there were hundreds of unoccupied lounge chairs with umbrellas. You can easily get off the ship and find a free lounge chair with an umbrella- head to South Beach or the chairs next to Chill Island. I couldn’t believe how many chairs were available. I almost moved to a chair from my cabana bc they had nicer views and an umbrella. To get shade in the cabana, I had to pull my chair all the way back to the sofa. You do not get an umbrella with the cabana and most of the seating is in the sun unless you pull the chaise lounge back to the sofa,  and then no one can sit on the sofa. Also, the scenery around the Chill Island Cabanas is not attractive or tropical - more like a wooden shed stuck on a small peninsula. Again, the true island/tropical views are on South Beach, not Chill Island. There aren’t any trees, flowers or plants near the cabanas. The attendant service was very good but again, everything else was not a true cabana experience. You can save yourself some money and get a better experience by getting off the ship by 9:00,  and heading to South Beach. I could have easily gotten ten chaise lounges with umbrellas on the edge of the water with a beautiful tropical atmosphere. 

We had cabana # 1 and the WiFi worked great.