Royal Caribbean Blog

Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First sighting from my Lyft ride. I arrived at the terminal at 9:45am.  Doors were closed.  Around 10am they let us in.   Once upstairs I was third in line for security which was c

I originally booked this cruise as the second leg of a back to back.  The first segment was cancelled by Royal so instead of 14 nights on the ship, I now have just 9 nights.  First world problems.  

PSA - BREAKING NEWS! Terrible ship.  Do NOT book this ship.  Everyone needs to book some other ship.  Leave this ship to me.  I will take one for team RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com and sail on this

Posted Images

My virtual balcony started working!  Mostly.  

Interesting on Navigator this is a forward facing camera.  There is another ship at the pier in front of us that you see in the display.  The view appears to be from the bridge area on the starboard side looking forward.  Technically this wall in my cabin is the forward wall.  In other virtual balconies on ships like Anthem or Explorer my virtual balcony had side views.

iOUGYUp.jpg

They are still fine tuning the system.  The display goes blank at times and the railing changes.  

y2bJWak.jpg

I suspect this darker railing is supposed to kick in when it's dark out but it's been kicking in and out throughout the day.

ZLh8er2.jpg

It's a work in progress but good to see them making progress.

Very interesting.  Navigator was the very first ship to receive the virtual balcony technology way back in 2014.  We went on it when she was sailing out of Galveston just to try the VB.  I guess they must have upgraded the whole system as part of the Amped upgrade. We loved it !  Glad yours is finally coming online.

The Bamboo Room

BuGlEef.jpg

This is a venue were I've hung out quite a few nights more than I'd like to admit.  Located on the deck 5 Promenade.  

TZDLcrt.jpg

pv1zxFx.jpg

First let's take a look around.

7RKf5Ga.jpg

KRyfiKT.jpg

YQmt56M.jpg

5F0kqcV.jpg

zu4LHMa.jpg

RrDGDRE.jpg

OCqN50f.jpg

Uia5sK9.jpg

YrdJ6Q9.jpg

Video display in the wall runs a loop of somewhere very pretty.  

3FBDXCI.jpg

Cliff hangs out in the corner to keep an eye on the place and occasionally speaks ups.

qJRTeGN.jpg

The drink menu is unique to the Bamboo Room and all mixed drinks are hand made.  While other bars may have pre-made Mojito mix or other frequently used mixer, every drink is hand made here to exacting standards.   There are two frozen drinks that have their own frozen drink dispenser so the frozen concoctions are not hand made.

oYXyIPN.jpg

sKnE6wv.jpg

j4Pqz3x.jpg

They have their own kitchen with unique offerings found no where else.

Over the course of the cruise I've sampled a couple of drinks (yay drink package!).  For the drinks on the left priced at $14 I was charged $1 plus 18% using the Deluxe drink package.

In many cases the glass used for each drink is unique and only found in The Bamboo Room.  

Here are some of the drinks I've enjoyed...

The Royal Zombie:

cYBJQJK.jpg

Bennie's Mai Tai (pretty sure):

ZuU5Aym.jpg

Penicillin (possibly):

woOGLTJ.jpg

Saturn Landing (maybe):

uMk82Uj.jpg

The Bamboo Room Mojito:

mxWdkdY.jpg

Hand Shaken Pina Colada (I think):

GbEHu2U.jpg

Bamboo Swizzle:

(BTW that is Zoltan who is personally responsible for a few near hangovers)

vhltMDv.jpg

Island Old Fashioned:

bfDjRm2.jpg

I can't remember:

UcuCOBg.jpg

I can't remember #2:

SxDf5hj.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this drink on day 1 when I boarded Navigator.  It was literally the first drink I had.   So I'm going to cheat and borrow this photo from Mariner.  On the Run:

ACg5ieT.jpg

7 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

I have heard conflicting information on the virtual balconies... Do they or do they not have accompanying sound?

No sound.  Like other ship's where I've had a VB there is a separate remote control so you can turn it off.  I tried cranking the volume using that remote and there is no sound.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I can't remember:

This made me laugh

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I can't remember #2:

And this made me laugh harder

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Doh!  Forgot to show you the chocolate fountain from the Windjammer on day 5:

That looks... unsanitary...¬†ūü§™

I am loving all your photos... They are hazardous though, might have checked a few navigator sailings for prices throughout the day. Thank you for sharing!

Playmakers

What can I say that pictures can't?

Izh4SJp.jpg

oachjyV.jpg

xhW1qQM.jpg

Pool is free.

PopQuKf.jpg

uAsYmKE.jpg

4Hra9ct.jpg

CXwRPm7.jpg

GXBLFDj.jpg

9deS5Xk.jpg

CMpWvOU.jpg

My5GZ7v.jpg

These arcade games are $1 per play.  Swipe you SeaPass card. 

Hlqocko.jpg

Shuffleboard is free.

pnbB2xW.jpg

PRckE0z.jpg

sCsH1Tx.jpg

dcq3Q67.jpg

3nR101v.jpg

NBM75i8.jpg

One night there was a hot wing challenge.  Mark the officer who has launched many Playmakers (not pictured here) announced tonight's winner has the record.  Ten extra hot wings in 2:37 (or something like that).  That's the winner on the left with eyes closed summoning the burn away.  He won 3 liters of beer on tap.  

i241BMV.jpg

I think this Playmakers has the most TV's that I've seen.  I'm not sure if there is room for another one without installing more engines to power them all. 

At the moment I'm torn between trying the Hawaiian sliders in The Bamboo Room and more hot wings in Playmakers.

Hmmm.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The Bamboo Room

BuGlEef.jpg

This is a venue were I've hung out quite a few nights more than I'd like to admit.  Located on the deck 5 Promenade.  

TZDLcrt.jpg

pv1zxFx.jpg

First let's take a look around.

7RKf5Ga.jpg

KRyfiKT.jpg

YQmt56M.jpg

5F0kqcV.jpg

zu4LHMa.jpg

RrDGDRE.jpg

OCqN50f.jpg

Uia5sK9.jpg

YrdJ6Q9.jpg

Video display in the wall runs a loop of somewhere very pretty.  

3FBDXCI.jpg

Cliff hangs out in the corner to keep an eye on the place and occasionally speaks ups.

qJRTeGN.jpg

The drink menu is unique to the Bamboo Room and all mixed drinks are hand made.  While other bars may have pre-made Mojito mix or other frequently used mixer, every drink is hand made here to exacting standards.   There are two frozen drinks that have their own frozen drink dispenser so the frozen concoctions are not hand made.

oYXyIPN.jpg

sKnE6wv.jpg

j4Pqz3x.jpg

They have their own kitchen with unique offerings found no where else.

Over the course of the cruise I've sampled a couple of drinks (yay drink package!).  For the drinks on the left priced at $14 I was charged $1 plus 18% using the Deluxe drink package.

In many cases the glass used for each drink is unique and only found in The Bamboo Room.  

Here are some of the drinks I've enjoyed...

The Royal Zombie:

cYBJQJK.jpg

Bennie's Mai Tai (pretty sure):

ZuU5Aym.jpg

Penicillin (possibly):

woOGLTJ.jpg

Saturn Landing (maybe):

uMk82Uj.jpg

The Bamboo Room Mojito:

mxWdkdY.jpg

Hand Shaken Pina Colada (I think):

GbEHu2U.jpg

Bamboo Swizzle:

(BTW that is Zoltan who is personally responsible for a few near hangovers)

vhltMDv.jpg

Island Old Fashioned:

bfDjRm2.jpg

I can't remember:

UcuCOBg.jpg

I can't remember #2:

SxDf5hj.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this drink on day 1 when I boarded Navigator.  It was literally the first drink I had.   So I'm going to cheat and borrow this photo from Mariner.  On the Run:

ACg5ieT.jpg

Is it common on all the RC ships to have a bunch of drinks $1 over what the drink package offers?  I bought the dx drink package thinking it would cover all the drinks.

8 minutes ago, LindaN said:

Is it common on all the RC ships to have a bunch of drinks $1 over what the drink package offers?  I bought the dx drink package thinking it would cover all the drinks.

No, not common but occasionally happens.

5 minutes ago, LindaN said:

There are always specialty drinks not included in the deluxe drink package. ¬†Drinks in souvenir cups, drinks in pineapples, more expensive wines (there are some nice wines but you pay the difference). ¬† Note they call the left side of the drink menu ‚ÄúSpecialty Cocktails‚ÄĚ. ¬†The key word is ‚ÄėSpecialty‚Äô . ¬†¬†

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are always specialty drinks not included in the deluxe drink package. ¬†Drinks in souvenir cups, drinks in pineapples, more expensive wines (there are some nice wines but you pay the difference). ¬† Note they call the left side of the drink menu ‚ÄúSpecialty Cocktails‚ÄĚ. ¬†The key word is ‚ÄėSpecialty‚Äô . ¬†¬†

I don’t drink wine.  You have to sugar up drinks for me to like them.  I guess at least I’ll only have to pay $1 for them.

• Matt featured this topic