chops grille

mellibee

Hi all,

I have a quick question.  If I purchase dining for a night at Chops Grille for $43 pp through the cruise planner does that mean, I can order anything from the menu that night? and is it all I can eat? doubt it, but just thought I'd ask..lol Thank you in advance. and once I add to the cart, can I pick my day and time through the cruise planner? 

Yes, 1 main course and as many apps, sides and desserts as you want.  The regular cover charge does not include some “upcharge” items such as lobster and the seafood towers but those items are obvious as there is an additional $$ indication.  If you pay full price you make your reservations for whenever you want them. 

There is also a chance that they will offer discounts once onboard. But there’s no guarantee so if you really want to eat at Chops on a particular day and time, I recommend pre-reserving (full price).

Speaking of Chops.... What are people's opinions about the best piece of beef they have had at Chops? I'm talking about from the regular menu. I know everyone has a different opinion when it comes to food but I want a really good piece of beef and I would appreciate your opinion!

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, WannaCruise said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's one main course, but as many appetizers, sides and desserts as you want.

We splurged and went to Chops on New Year's Eve. Our waiter encouraged us to order the filet AND the lobster to make our own "surf & turf". All 4 of us ordered both and it was brought out with additional sides than what we ordered. My son couldn't decide on a dessert so the waiter brought a couple extras for us to share.

It was the first and only time we've eaten at Chops so not sure if this is the norm, or just because it was NYE. And it was the last seating on NYE.

I would ask the waiter! 

On 1/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, kontraxed said:

Speaking of Chops.... What are people's opinions about the best piece of beef they have had at Chops? I'm talking about from the regular menu. I know everyone has a different opinion when it comes to food but I want a really good piece of beef and I would appreciate your opinion!

Well I has the rack of lamb and it was superb. But then again lamb is so goodoodoodood!

I have gotten the filet, because that is my favorite cut of meat, and we have never had a bad meal.  The last cruise we went on, we liked it (and the service) so much we booked at a discount for the next night.  Unfortunately, we didn't get the same waiter and the meal wasn't quite as good but it was still great.  twice we have been too full for dessert and we have boxed it up to take with us.  We had all the apps and sides we wanted but I suggest go easy on the apps.  I did also take part of my steak back to the room last time and it made a great midnight snack!  Enjoy your meal (and just fyi, when we have done Giovanni's table, the filet was even better!)  Jane