Drink Card?

stevendom57

I am new to cruising, first cruise was last November.

I have heard of drink cards where you can buy, say, 10 drinks for a flat rate. These are discounted some because you are buying a package. I did not see those on the Mariner. Are they offered on every ship? What about Liberty, out of Galveston? If they offer these, I would buy one.

From what a bartender on LOS the drink cards are offered based on Alcohol that is being sold.  I assumed he meant if alcohol sales are down they offer the drink card.

One of our cruises they were offered on day 3 the other day 4 both on Liberty of the Seas.

There is usually a sign at the bars when they are offered 

I have been on 4 cruises and they have been offered every time.  However,  you shouldn't count on them as they are late in the cruise and some cruises don't offer them.  I am really hoping for my 12 day cruise that they will show up by day 7, but if not, I will just drink and pace!  There are a lot of port days and I know my husband won't drink enough to make the drink pkg worth it.  Jane