Stateroom Accessibility

Hellllllo all

First time cruiser question time!... ?

I know when we board the ship we can’t access rooms till they announce it, however, we want to bring the newly legal case of water on board. Do we have to haul that around or can we drop it off in the room when we board?

I’m leaning towards no since I’ve read about some “carry on luggage holding sites” popping up and haven’t heard any tips about doing this... but thought that mayyyybe we can just drop the water and nothing else? Thoughts?

Thanks

Amanda

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

You get the pleasure of hauling it around.  Think of it as a work out to burn some more calories before the food onslaught begins.

Not very many ships are offering carry-on storage that I've seen.  Only Mariner in my experience.

I think there is carry-on storage on Grandeur...at least there was a while back.

13 hours ago, CruisinUngs said:

Hellllllo all

First time cruiser question time!... ?

I know when we board the ship we can’t access rooms till they announce it, however, we want to bring the newly legal case of water on board. Do we have to haul that around or can we drop it off in the room when we board?

I’m leaning towards no since I’ve read about some “carry on luggage holding sites” popping up and haven’t heard any tips about doing this... but thought that mayyyybe we can just drop the water and nothing else? Thoughts?

Thanks

Amanda

Non suite staterooms are usually ready for occupancy after 1:00 pm. So, you can wait to board the ship until that time, or later. :27_sunglasses:

All great suggestions but as eluded totally not a big deal so we will (or better yet my husband) will suck it up. We have our young son with us so thought if my husband could unload his carry on it would just make it that much easier.  

10 minutes ago, rjac said:

Non suite staterooms are usually ready for occupancy after 1:00 pm. So, you can wait to board the ship until that time, or later. :27_sunglasses:

You bring up a good point- I can tell my husband if we upgrade to a suite he will have no issues... if only. Not this time but maybe cruise #2.?

I am however way too excited to board that “late”.  My excitement overrules his potential grumbling over carry the water. Sorry honey lol.

30 minutes ago, CruisinUngs said:

Hopefully we will love cruising the way I think we will and a genie will be in our future. 

Dreams do come true....I've had my eye on Star Class since the program started in 2016.  I wasn't doable, either because of timing or finances.  We finally stumbled upon a good deal and we'll be trying it in 137 days.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dreams do come true....I've had my eye on Star Class since the program started in 2016.  I wasn't doable, either because of timing or finances.  We finally stumbled upon a good deal and we'll be trying it in 137 days.

Yes I have seen your posts and can feel your excitement! I’m excited for you.

For our second cruise we will probably cruise without my son and from Baltimore (here we come lady g). Bmore is only an hour from us. We luckily live with my in laws and they will watch him whenever so we are not stuck on certain dates. Might try and price some suites on there or look for a last min deal. I know Grandeur doesn’t always have the same price point as a lot of the smaller ships but doesn’t hurt to price it out.