Cococay Expensive?

Al Horner

I look forward to going to the new Perfect Day at Cococay in May 2019. What I find pretty daunting are the prices. As of today (Oct. 23rd) Cabanas can cost from $600 to $800 or more. The 30 minute helium balloon ride (which is what I would like to do) costs $64.00. I'm sure it's supply and demand but it's beginning to look like we'll get of the ship, look around and then get back on the ship.

CocoCay has been around for several decades.  I often visit with zero purchases, or maybe a few drinks, or maybe an excursion.  It depends.  Sometimes I want to do more than just beach.  The point is you don't have to ride in a balloon.  Cabanas are a luxury.  So are suites.  So are specialty restaurants.  I often cruise without any of those.  Just did 13 nights in an interior cabin, had a blast.  

As much as I'm not a fan of the Perfect Day makeover, I agree with the above.  Extras on private islands are always expensive, DCL keeps raising their cabana prices on Castaway Cay and they keep selling out almost as soon as they open them for booking.  Each Disney Cruise several people go to guest services to be put on a wait list to hopefully snag a cabana and pay the $600+ for it!  I'm a bit reluctant to be too upset at a cruise line for charging prices that seem insane if people are tripping over each other to pay it.

Coco Cay will still have free stuff to do, I have no intention of boycotting the island just because I'm not interested in paying for the premium things.  If you want a beach stop on a private island then there is no reason to stay on the ship.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that I was boycotting Cococay. I'm sure we will walk around, eat and have a drink. Maybe I'm just naïve, but I thought $600 - $800 was a lot of money for a few hours in a cabana. It's all a matter of personal values. While I won't pay for the cabana, I probably will pay for the balloon ride.

Anyone I talked to about Coco Cay on this past cruise was disappointed to hear/see of the changes coming. While I enjoy a good waterslide or enjoy eating some good wings as much as the next person....there was something about Coco Cay that was so peaceful and relaxing.....and yes, you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to but the whole vibe of the stop will be different once it opens.

Will I still get  off....sure I will.....will I spend time there....sure I will......will I spend some $ there....sure I will.....but it wont be the same no matter what.