Cruise Price Watch

Maybe some of the paid services are better but my experience with “price alert” apps is that they don’t follow the specific cabin category I’m interested in.  They will alert me when there is a change in a JS price (lowest category for suites) but not specifically follow a GS or an OS.  I guess it’s a general indication that there MAY be a price change in the category I’m interested in but not necessarily. As Joe said, I find it necessary to just check every day. Such is my obsession...

The Shipmate app, while I don't like the forum features (same questions day after day, no way to search for information), there is a feature to watch fares for a given sail date and it will email you alerts.  It's the app for cruiseline.com.

The problem with these alerts and other fare watching sites is that certain agencies know they are out there so they advertise a rate that is $3 cheaper, or maybe it looks cheaper but when you click through the advertised rate doesn't exist.  The result is a lot of false alerts for fares that aren't really cheaper.  If you can deal with that, occasionally they will alert you to an actual fare drop but you'll need to verify that on your own.  

This is a sample alert email from them:

1204352840_cruiselinefarealert.jpeg.8d6c81503499bb8fd71ce5a05da077af.jpeg

Several times each week I do mock bookings for my cruises.  That is the most reliable way to find fare decreases. 

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As Joe said, I find it necessary to just check every day. Such is my obsession...

Does checking for prices at least three times a day count as an obsession?

Is there a "Cruisers Anonymous"?   Please sign me up... "Hi, I'm PG. I'm a Cruisaholic"

2 hours ago, RatedPG said:

I clear my browser's history and cache every time I check. LOL

Easier to just open an Incognito mode (Private Mode) window. Cookies and locally stored data are then hidden without having to wipe out that stuff and start fresh on all your sites.