Last Minute Questions

Broons77

13 hours ago, Susie said:

Happy for everyone that booked a suite but feel like I might be the poorest person here. Only can afford balcony right now.

Who said I was able to afford this?  ?

This is a splurge trip,  which is part of the reason why I'm asking so many questions - so I can squeeze out every penny of fun and perks I have coming to me!  I'll be in the balcony cabin right next to you soon enough.  But like folks on this thread have said, how much fun is had is not at all connected to the room you stay in.

6 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

This is a splurge trip,  which is part of the reason why I'm asking so many questions - so I can squeeze out every penny of fun and perks I have coming to me!  I'll be in the balcony cabin right next to you soon enough.  But like folks on this thread have said, how much fun is had is not at all connected to the room you stay in.

I know how you feel. I normally book inside or window(sometimes) but this coming cruise I booked a Balcony to celebrate reaching Diamond Member. I am so excited and can wait for my trip. I always take my 6 years old with me (only child) so that is added up quick on the room price. 

6 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

This is a splurge trip,  which is part of the reason why I'm asking so many questions - so I can squeeze out every penny of fun and perks I have coming to me!

Just now, Susie said:

I know how you feel. I normally book inside or window(sometimes) but this coming cruise I booked a Balcony to celebrate reaching Diamond Member.

Must be the season for these kinds of bookings. I splurged on the JS I have booked on Anthem, partly because it's just the wife and me so I could afford to bump us up a bit, partly to get a sense of the benefits on Anthem and make the short trip a little more fun in that regard, partly because I want to get to Platinum ASAP and the double points on this short 5-nighter help with that! ?

If there's truly a 2020 CA/NE group cruise, I'll definitely be booking inside or OV cabin for that, unless a wave sale comes along that makes the balcony rooms same price as OV. Budget won't allow anything more expensive.

3 minutes ago, Susie said:

I know how you feel. I normally book inside or window(sometimes) but this coming cruise I booked a Balcony to celebrate reaching Diamond Member. I am so excited and can wait for my trip. I always take my 6 years old with me (only child) so that is added up quick on the room price. 

I'm curious to see how this goes and how much enjoyment we get with the larger room and perks.  We also have an only child, but she's staying with her grandmother in a balcony room for this cruise.  We originally did have her with us, and while it was more expensive it still wasn't the full suite fare.  We also have the mitigating factor that my wife has mobility issues and the larger bathroom is helpful for her.

I know how you feel, we're both beside ourselves excited for this cruise, I can only imagine how you must be with the prospect of a holiday cruise!  Despite my upcoming suite, I'm totally jealous!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

I'm curious to see how this goes and how much enjoyment we get with the larger room and perks.  We also have an only child, but she's staying with her grandmother in a balcony room for this cruise.  We originally did have her with us, and while it was more expensive it still wasn't the full suite fare.  We also have the mitigating factor that my wife has mobility issues and the larger bathroom is helpful for her.

I know how you feel, we're both beside ourselves excited for this cruise, I can only imagine how you must be with the prospect of a holiday cruise!  Despite my upcoming suite, I'm totally jealous!!!!!

It was the a minute booking. I just booked about 3 weeks ago. We only can go during the holiday and summer because of my son in school. I don't want he miss school many days. When I booked price is high and 5 days later price drop about $500+ less but I already paid in full and pass the final payment date so I cannot get the refund. Anyway, I still think about it, if I wait one more week to book then I will pay less than this. Anyway, I don't let it ruin my trip. Life short just have fun.

Just now, Susie said:

It is the last minute booking. I just booked about 3 weeks ago. We only can go during the holiday and summer because of my son in school. I don't want he miss school many days. When I booked price is high and 5 days later price drop about $500+ less but I already paid in full and pass the final payment date so I cannot get the refund. Anyway, I still think about it, if I wait one more week to book then I will pay less than this. Anyway, I don't let it ruin my trip. Life short just have fun.

Did you try to call RC to see if they would rebook you?  I'm pretty sure I read on several threads that they'll do that. 

Just now, Broons77 said:

Did you try to call RC to see if they would rebook you?  I'm pretty sure I read on several threads that they'll do that. 

I called and got nothing change. I was a little upset because I am really Royal customer to RCL. I have 11 past cruises with Royal Caribbean and 4 celebrity cruises and never been sailing with other cruise lines. RCL said I already paid in full and passed the 90 days mark then nothing they can do except an upgrade. However, I do not get any upgrade either the room I have is the same room I book on day one. RCL might give you the upgrade if pass 90 days mark but nothing guaranteed.  ?

2 minutes ago, Susie said:

I called and got nothing change. I was a little upset because I am really Royal customer to RCL. I have 11 past cruises with Royal Caribbean and 4 celebrity cruises and never been sailing with other cruise lines. RCL said I already paid in full and passed the 90 days mark then nothing they can do except an upgrade. However, I do not get any upgrade either the room I have is the same room I book on day one. RCL might give you the upgrade if pass 90 days mark but nothing guaranteed.  ?

I would have been upset as well, but RC wouldn't be the first company to fall back on the old 'policy' excuse.  I hope you and your family have a great time!!!

Just now, Broons77 said:

I would have been upset as well, but RC wouldn't be the first company to fall back on the old 'policy' excuse.  I hope you and your family have a great time!!!

Thank you and I am sure you will have a great time on your upcoming cruise. ?

20 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

I love this post!!!  It affirms that I am not the only one who obsesses a bit in the days preceding setsail!  

If you are like me the degree of obsession INCREASES with each cruise.

Im 51 weeks away from a back to back on harmony and im already obsessing lol 

The Flowrider Need No Booking Unless You Want A Private Session Which Is $69.99 And Up      

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Broons77 said:
  • Despite my daily checking, I didn't see the availability of North Star or Flowrider or IFly reservations on the Cruise Planner until they were booked up.