Non Freestyle Machines?

Naas

I have been searching the message boards and the web in general before I decided to post this question. As a cruising newbie, having only sailed on Quantum of the Seas (which currently has the freestyle machines), I was wondering... What are the non freestyle soda machines like? Do you still get the souvenir cup if you get the package? Is it worth the replenish package if there is a limited selection as compared to the Freestyle machines? Should I expect basic variety (i.e. coke, diet coke, cherry coke, etc.)?

Will be cruising on Liberty next month and am currently trying to get an idea of what to expect.

If there are no freestyle machines then you have to go to a bar and request a soda from the bartender.

You should still receive a soda cup, but the options are more limited to basically just a handful (I don't know them but I think it is basically, coke, diet coke, sprite and that's about it ?? Anyone know the exact list ?)

Cant tell you whether the replenish would be worth it or not, depends on how much you are going to use the non-soda portion of the package vs. buying it for soda.

If you are really only interested in the soda though, there is a soda only package for something like $8/day for adults, $5/day for kids (prices are probably wrong but its close to that, not much if you are a soda drinker though).

If you are really only interested in the soda though, there is a soda only package for something like $8/day for adults, $5/day for kids (prices are probably wrong but its close to that, not much if you are a soda drinker though).

The Royal Refreshment package (aka the soda card) is $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for kids per day.  Sodas cost a la carte about $2 each so you need to drink 3 per day to break even.  

As jtcarruthers said, if there aren't freestyle machines you get the can or a glass full of soda from the bartender.  There's also a soda machine by the pool that takes the special Royal Caribbean cups that are self serve.

Of all the beverage packages, the soda package is the easiest one to get you money's worth. Another advantage over the other packages is that you just hand your souvenir cup to the bartender, tell them what you want, and they fill it up for you. With the other packages the bartenders usually print a receipt and make you sign (presumably hoping you will add an additional tip!)

Enjoy your cruise on Liberty, and we will expect a full report! We sail on Liberty's first Galveston departure in November!

The Royal Refreshment package (aka the soda card) is $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for kids per day.  Sodas cost a la carte about $2 each so you need to drink 3 per day to break even.

Don't forget to add 18% gratuity to those prices for the net price.

There's also a soda machine by the pool that takes the special Royal Caribbean cups that are self serve.

I don't know of any ships that have self-serve machines other than those with the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines. I know that Majesty of the Seas used to have a regular self-serve fountain machine that was also activated by the soda package tumblers, but it was removed when a Freestyle machine was added onboard.

Well I booked with RCI, it was $221 plus taxes for Oceanview room. Didn't think I would do much better than that anywhere else. BUT, I wanted to pay in CAD funds, and they tried to tell me it was going to be over $500 in CAD....I told them the exchange rate wasn't 100%. I spent over an hour on the phone with them, only to be told that the government of Canada sets the rate and that was it...lol.

Needless to say, I hung up and spoke with someone else....and I just ended up paying in USD at the end.

Thanks for the tip about the freestyle machine...love using those and that's a great location to put it, by Sorrento's above the windjammer!(I have a feeling this ship is gonna be very similar to Monarch of the seas from what I have seen and read). I am pretty sure Sorrento's was above the Windjammer on Monarch as well!