Which ship?

So spending all day off LOOKING AT CRUISE PODCASTS!  Yikes lol!  So! I'm looking at the end of march 2020 to try our first oasis class.  The itineraries are not really relevant, except maybe cococay vs labadee (ans my shown isn't really a beach/waterpark person).  We would prob need to do inside cabin to make it work...though we will look at the other types if they aren't way different.  Oasis is 749 out of miami (labadee and falmouth which we haven't done),  allure is 802 (st thomas and cococay), harmony 902 (coco cay and san juan prob our fave) and symphony 1006 (again cococay and san juan).  These differences would be multiplied by 3 people traveling.  Ports are miami (symphony and oasis), orlando (harmony), ft lauderdale (allure)...prob it all evens out with airfare cheaper into orlando but then transfer). I am really wanting to try wonderland and the bionic bar so i lean to harmony but is it a 450 dollar better ship than oasis?  Is allure worth 150 mor than oasis?  Is cococay gonna be load better than labadee?  Are the shows, crowd control etc way better on one over the other?   I think i can rule out symphony unless its way better...i haven't been on any oasis so i don't care about ther newest ship.  

I know this is all subjective but tell me your opinions!  Jane

You get to book your shows online ahead of time which is great. Of the ships you have mentioned, I've only been on Allure and Oasis and they are very similar. We really enjoyed them both! They both have a lot to offer. Both Cococay and Labadee are beach days unless you book an excursion or rent a wave runner.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Huge deciding factor....Oasis will be just out of a major revitalization in March 2020.  She'll be done November 2019.  And she's the cheapest from your prices listed above.  Also, easier to fly and leave from MIA than PC.   I'm booked on her in March 2020 for those exact reasons.

i know i've asked this before but i'm getting everything all mixed up.  Do you think they will add restaurants, or just the slides? She is way cheaper, but I'm thinking this will be our last caribbean and oasis class for awhile so I'm trying to get everything out of it.  When in March are you going?  I know I saw you were going for this...we would be last week in March.   jane

52 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

i know i've asked this before but i'm getting everything all mixed up.  Do you think they will add restaurants, or just the slides? She is way cheaper, but I'm thinking this will be our last caribbean and oasis class for awhile so I'm trying to get everything out of it.  When in March are you going?  I know I saw you were going for this...we would be last week in March.   jane

There is speculation on other boards that they will add Wonderland and turn Giovanni's into Jamie's.  Pure speculation at this point.  As far as I know, zero info has been released, other than that Amplified schedule that Matt posted a while back.  It would also look more refreshed than Allure even if they didn't change any restaurants. 

Personally, I do not care for the changes coming to Coco Cay.  If I want an amusement park, I would go to Disney World and the water parks there.  But many are very excited for it so that might be a deciding factor for you.  However, if you went with an itinerary that has Coco Cay, then you may end up spending a lot more, which makes your difference between ships even greater.  My views are biased because 90% of the time, the ship is always my destination first and foremost.  This will change in about 10 years when we start doing the more exotic destinations. 

The main show on Oasis is Cats, and Harmony is Grease.  Allure has Mama Mia, and Symphony has Hairspray.  However, Indy also shows Grease, I think.  IMO, the Aqua Theater shows and Ice shows are all pretty similar.

Symphony prices are crazy.  I won't even take my kids on it.  Way too much for 4 people.  So really, I would say you should narrow it down to Harmony vs. Oasis.  While Allure is great, she will be heading into dry dock by that point and if she is more than Oasis, I would say Oasis is better.

At the moment, I am booked on the March 15th sailing.  Our March break schedules won't be out until next spring but they are fairly predictable from year to year.  If I am wrong, then we will change it and I will take the hit on the change fee.

Hope I did not make it a lot more confusing for you ?

I'm also thinking Oasis or Harmony in March 2020 but spring break dates won't be out until November.  Our Spring Break are usually either the 3rd or 4th week of March and I'm hoping for the 3rd week. Oasis for $150 less per person is very appealing as that money can go a long way towards shore excursions, etc.  Adding waterslides is a huge bonus for us but not having the Ultimate Abyss could be a dealbreaker for DD7.  

To make Cococay "worth it" for me, I'd feel like I need to pay for the water park which could be expensive for my family of 6. I've seen prices all over but I assume that during spring break it would be on the more expensive side. 

The plus side is that there is no wrong decision!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There is speculation on other boards that they will add Wonderland and turn Giovanni's into Jamie's.  Pure speculation at this point.  As far as I know, zero info has been released, other than that Amplified schedule that Matt posted a while back.  It would also look more refreshed than Allure even if they didn't change any restaurants. 

Personally, I do not care for the changes coming to Coco Cay.  If I want an amusement park, I would go to Disney World and the water parks there.  But many are very excited for it so that might be a deciding factor for you.  However, if you went with an itinerary that has Coco Cay, then you may end up spending a lot more, which makes your difference between ships even greater.  

The main show on Oasis is Cats, and Harmony is Grease.  Allure has Mama Mia, and Symphony has Hairspray.  However, Indy also shows Grease, I think.  IMO, the Aqua Theater shows and Ice shows are all pretty similar.

Symphony prices are crazy.  I won't even take my kids on it.  Way too much for 4 people.  So really, I would say you should narrow it down to Harmony vs. Oasis.  While Allure is great, she will be heading into dry dock by that point and if she is more than Oasis, I would say Oasis is better.

Hope I did not make it a lot more confusing for you ?

I had pretty much come down to allure being the odd man out, and I definitely won't pay the extra symphony.  I've seen both cats and grease so that's a wash.  Both have 150 right?  I'm torn on Coco cay because my husband is so not a beach person...but I feel like cococay and labadee are a wash for us.  Ugh.. So many decisions lol.  Thanks for your input...I'd be going the week after you!  Jane

11 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I'm also thinking Oasis or Harmony in March 2020 but spring break dates won't be out until November.  Our Spring Break are usually either the 3rd or 4th week of March and I'm hoping for the 3rd week. Oasis for $150 less per person is very appealing as that money can go a long way towards shore excursions, etc. 

The plus side is that there is no wrong decision!

That is true.  I'm sure ours will be that last week in March... Been that way pretty much the last 10 years.  I could always book both refundable and drop one.  Locks up money but then the one I stopped could go towards final payment.  

I think the water slides aren't a make/break for us.  They'd be nice but not an end all, even for my then 17 year old.  I think for me I would just like to go to wonderland, but I guess it shouldn't be a 450 meal.  Jane

23 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I had pretty much come down to allure being the odd man out, and I definitely won't pay the extra symphony.  I've seen both cats and grease so that's a wash.  Both have 150 right?  I'm torn on Coco cay because my husband is so not a beach person...but I feel like cococay and labadee are a wash for us.  Ugh.. So many decisions lol.  Thanks for your input...I'd be going the week after you!  Jane

We are not really beach people either...so then really it comes down to Falmouth vs. SJ (if I'm reading this correctly). So for $450 more is SJ, Wonderland (assuming Oasis doesn't get it but they might) and the Bionic bar worth that? Or like @melski94 mentioned, $450 goes a long way towards airfare, excursions etc.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are not really beach people either...so then really it comes down to Falmouth vs. SJ (if I'm reading this correctly). So for $450 more is SJ, Wonderland (assuming Oasis doesn't get it but they might) and the Bionic bar worth that? Or like @melski94 mentioned, $450 goes a long way towards airfare, excursions etc.

I'd love to take my daughter to San Juan but when it's put that way, that 450 really could buy a drink pkg, a better room or a really good shore excursion.  I love the sun and the beach but can do the sun on the pool deck!  Jane

10 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I'd love to take my daughter to San Juan but when it's put that way, that 450 really could buy a drink pkg, a better room or a really good shore excursion.  I love the sun and the beach but can do the sun on the pool deck!  Jane

Is SJ a half day port? It was on my Harmony cruise.  We thought El Morro was fun but not sure I'd pay extra for that port.  

You are making me think I should start looking at refundable deposits for my cruise!

Personally I would rather have a drink pkg. and a better room.  I don`t need a robot pouring a drink or frozen food for $450 more.  We like OASIS.   And I read somewhere that the fort in San Juan is closed.  And Jamie`s is a better choice than Giovanni`s .   Cats is a great story line.  And if a beach is not important than staying on board with a drink pkg. is probably the way to go.  An inside cabin is worth the savings as you basically sleep in the room.  Yes so many decisions.  But this blog site will help you with any and all questions that you might have.  

I'm waiting to see if Oasis gets the dry slides "The Abyss" at the aft of the ship.  I'm secretly hoping it doesn't, nor Allure.  Boardwalk balconies are much more enjoyable in my opinion without the Abyss. 

I preferred the shows on Oasis over Allure, except Cats.  I had better service on Allure but only marginally better.  Those types of small subtleties could be long gone depending on crew rotations. 

The simple truth is all Oasis class are great. 

For your first, there is nothing wrong with OA or AL.  Why pay a premium? 

Port Everglades is very easy and convenient as a fly in port.  Miami is a close second but with the new terminal coming it may edge out Port Everglades.  Port Canaveral has the longer transfer distance as the only small downside for fly in guests.  You just have to watch flight times and add a small amount to the budget to compensate in Canaveral but you might be able to make that up in cheaper airfare.

I had sailed on all OA class and come October when I sail SY I'll claim that title again, but I'm booked on Oasis for 14 nights in 2019.  I don't need a robot bar or Wow bands and my boardwalk balcony will have unobstructed aft views.

Thanks everyone for the input and the reassurance on oasis  I haven't gone out of Miami, but both port Everglades and Port Canaveral were easy...we stayed in Cocoa Beach the night before.  Nothing is cheap to fly into at spring break time but I think I'd still rather do that than summer... Though summer we could drive in for.  Jane