Next cruise follow up.....

OK, I recently asked you all about Next Cruise.  Well, this past week was my first ever cruise, on the Harmony!  My Mom and I went to Next Cruise to get some prices on Day 2.  You all were right, prices are all set, no haggling is done.  My price that was quoted is the exact one quoted on their website and same as my travel agent, BUT the OBC is where it changes.  My travel agent AND the website offer $25 OBC for an inside room.  next Cruise gave me $150 OBC!  That might not be a big deal to some of you, but I was very excited and I booked it!  Just wanted to let you all know.  Oh, and Next Cruise was VERY busy all week every time I passed through the Royal Promenade!

I just sailed on the Adventure repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne in May.  Great ship.  They did a great job on her recent dry dock.

I'm taking her in October her on another repo cruise from Quebec City to Port Everglades.  I'll probably be live blogging from the ship again so watch the Live Blog section of these message boards. 

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm taking her in October her on another repo cruise from Quebec City to Port Everglades.

The "Flight of the Snowbird" itinerary? That looked awesome from what I could see when I was looking Canada / NE options. Wouldn't at all mind sailing that one, but have to wait until I have a budget that will allow for two one-way flights.

Just now, JLMoran said:

The "Flight of the Snowbird" itinerary? That looked awesome from what I could see when I was looking Canada / NE options. Wouldn't at all mind sailing that one, but have to wait until I have a budget that will allow for two one-way flights.

Correct.  First cruise I'll have been on where the ship stays in port on day 1 and basically serves as your hotel.  A lot of history in Quebec City.  I'm looking forward to it and 13 nights on Adventure.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Correct.  First cruise I'll have been on where the ship stays in port on day 1 and basically serves as your hotel.  A lot of history in Quebec City.  I'm looking forward to it and 13 nights on Adventure.

Hmm...I will have to keep an eye out that type of itinerary for the future...we've never visited Quebec but I would if I could stay on the ship as my hotel.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:02 AM, twangster said:

On 6/17/2018 at 1:09 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hmm...I will have to keep an eye out that type of itinerary for the future...we've never visited Quebec but I would if I could stay on the ship as my hotel.

Quebec City is spectacular. The "lower" part of the city, the old port, is a maze of cobblestone streets and little stores, and then you can take the funicular railway up a very steep cliff to the upper city, with stupendous views of the St Lawrence River and more historical buildings. The remaining city fortifications - the wall in particular - are well worth seeing. The hop on hop off bus is a great way to see a lot with little effort - you can buy tickets in the upper city, just across from the viewing area at the top of the cliff. 

I highly recommend it as a destination - that being said, no idea where the cruise ship terminal is compared with the Chateau Frontenac (which is rather central to the area I was describing). But I'm sure you'll find out!