Royal Caribbean Blog

My view on drinks package

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That brings up a good question. What IS the best way to "voice your concern to Royal directly" ? I always hear people saying that they are writing Adam Goldstein personally (how ?? really ???) and cha

prior to cruising my wife and I were debating the drinks packages, were they worth it? I do not drink a lot at home but can tend to drink a few with company, my wife drinks more than I do but even sh

Chopps is up to $39 PP now ??? My goodness that is outrageous ! I quit going when they went up to $35. The upcharge restaurants were originally supposed to be a place where you could go and pay a nomi

FYI, Royal Caribbean has tinkered with the prices for the drink packages for many (but not all) sailings.

The pricing now is inclusive of gratuity and may have gone slightly up or down.

The soda package used to be $6.50 + 18% per day and is now $8.00 per day. The Premium package was $49.00 + 18% per day and is now $57 per day. Other packages changed similarly.

FYI, Royal Caribbean has tinkered with the prices for the drink packages for many (but not all) sailings.

The pricing now is inclusive of gratuity and may have gone slightly up or down.

The soda package used to be $6.50 + 18% per day and is now $8.00 per day. The Premium package was $49.00 + 18% per day and is now $57 per day. Other packages changed similarly.

I read those reports too but the increase from 15% to 18% is rather old.  All they have done is rolled the service charge into the total price for simplicity, I imagine.

Premium package for a 7 night cruise: 

$49 per day before gratuity: $343

18% gratuity: 61.74

Total: 404.74

When I go to Cruise Planner and add it, I get Premium package for $399.  

$5 difference (in my favor) is negligible difference, no?

Alright looks like I finally won a round of nickel and dime poker :)

Booked the Ultimate for my wife a couple of months ago (as part of the summer buy an Ultimate get a Replenish/Refresh debacle) and the price went up slightly on that one and elected to hold off on buying my Premium package until I get onboard and the price went down slightly on that one.

Between the two I saved $20 ... at current prices that means I can afford to buy about one drink for a family member in celebration ;)

• 1 year later...

My personal feeling on the drink packages is that it is not yet a mature product for Royal Caribbean. As time goes on, I think they will tweak it and offer some different combinations more in line with different people's drinking habits. Maybe a package that just includes a selection of wines with dinner, or something like that. I'm waiting it out: For what I drink, it makes much more sense just to buy the drinks when i want them.

My personal feeling on the drink packages is that it is not yet a mature product for Royal Caribbean. As time goes on, I think they will tweak it and offer some different combinations more in line with different people's drinking habits. Maybe a package that just includes a selection of wines with dinner, or something like that. I'm waiting it out: For what I drink, it makes much more sense just to buy the drinks when i want them.

While this would be nice, I don't think it's going to happen given the fact that they just moved to streamline the packages by reducing the number offered to eliminate confusion.