Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

A. of the Seas-What Time do I have to Leave the Ship?


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, David Maryland said:

My cruise ends on March 31, 2018.  The ship is supposed to arrive at Cape Liberty, NJ by 6AM.

What time do we have to depart the ship?

Is breakfast available on the ship on that morning?

Breakfast will be available on the ship. The main dining room is nice , not rushed, select from a menu. The Windjammer is ok but hectic. Typically, all RC cruise ships want all passengers off the ship  by 10:00-10:30 so they can turn the ship around for the new passengers. Depending on how you are getting back home, flight or drive, will sort of determine when they want you off the ship. :27_sunglasses: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rjac said:

Breakfast will be available on the ship. The main dining room is nice , not rushed, select from a menu. The Windjammer is ok but hectic. Typically, all RC cruise ships want all passengers off the ship  by 10:00-10:30 so they can turn the ship around for the new passengers. Depending on how you are getting back home, flight or drive, will sort of determine when they want you off the ship. :27_sunglasses: 

I didn't realize it was that late, that's great, I was worried we would have to roll out as early as 7AM. 

That raises another question, what is the typical earliest boarding time to start the cruise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Maryland said:

My cruise ends on March 31, 2018.  The ship is supposed to arrive at Cape Liberty, NJ by 6AM.

What time do we have to depart the ship?

Is breakfast available on the ship on that morning?

When I did a B2B in December all cruisers were off around 9:30am.  That's when they escorted us down to customs.  

Breakfast is available.  It will be listed on the departure document left in your cabin on the last night.

I included this in the Cruise Compass that Matt posted on this site.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sat-2017-11-25-0000

5aa1ed0d13ae6_anthemdepartbreak.jpeg.8c35312c9710f407cdea2aa467ebf3ff.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, David Maryland said:

I didn't realize it was that late, that's great, I was worried we would have to roll out as early as 7AM. 

That raises another question, what is the typical earliest boarding time to start the cruise?

Boarding has started as early as 10:20am for me and as late as 11:45am in Bayonne for Anthem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, David Maryland said:

So I am guessing that we have to be out of our room earlier but still remain on the ship?

 

Sorry, I am one of those newbies.

First of all, never apologize for asking questions ..... that's what we're here for....

Yes, they try to have you out of your cabin asap so that the cabin stewards can get started getting things ready for the next cruise, as for leaving the ship, the earlier the better, but we have never NOT had breakfast ....... the whole process is hurried, just not rushed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you request a later departure time if they assign you an early one? My mom was on Anthem in January, & they were given a 730am time.  Only problem was, their car wasn't due to pick them up til 10. They got out of the terminal @ about 830, called the car service & had to stand in the freezing cold (couldn't go back in the terminal) while they waited for the car.

We'll be sailing in May, & my disabled DD is a bit of a chore to get ready in the morning, and we will definitely want breakfast. We'll be parking at the port, so we're not depending on someone to pick us up, but we don't want to be rushed off the ship either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toodle68

Just make sure you get down to breakfast before it closes. We once went down a little late and everything was closed.

They really want you out of the rooms before 9am..  and from around 8:30am, pretty much everything is closed. 

We have planned to remain on the ship when we have a later flight, but we always end up getting off soon after 9. It just feels wrong to remain later and get in the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Can you request a later departure time if they assign you an early one?

You can ask guest services for a different departure time if you want.  However, it doesn't actually matter. You can just stay on the ship longer, there's no penalty for "missing" your departure time.  If you put your luggage in the hall on the last night, it will be waiting for you grouped with all luggage from your assigned departure time which will make it even easier to identify if you get off later!  If you want to keep your luggage with you, then it really doesn't matter when you get off the ship.  Of course, the passengers from the next cruise will want to get on as early as possible and they can't board until the last departing passengers are off the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the same cruise, but a week earlier (five more sleeps!). I think everything happens a little earlier on this cruise because they have to depart a bit earlier (i.e. 3pm) in order to make it to Cape Canaveral by noon on Monday.

I am curious to know when they start embarkation. I have a 12:30pm arrival appointment time, but they also asked that people don't arrive more than two hours before their arrival time -- so I take that to mean anytime after 10:30am ... but I don't want to show up and have to wait an hour before they start checking people in. Is there anyone reading this that has taken this cruise (i.e. Anthem out of Cape Liberty) that can verify the earliest time they begin check-in?

D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donolog said:

I'm on the same cruise, but a week earlier (five more sleeps!). I think everything happens a little earlier on this cruise because they have to depart a bit earlier (i.e. 3pm) in order to make it to Cape Canaveral by noon on Monday.

I am curious to know when they start embarkation. I have a 12:30pm arrival appointment time, but they also asked that people don't arrive more than two hours before their arrival time -- so I take that to mean anytime after 10:30am ... but I don't want to show up and have to wait an hour before they start checking people in. Is there anyone reading this that has taken this cruise (i.e. Anthem out of Cape Liberty) that can verify the earliest time they begin check-in?

D

10am is when they will start checking people in.  I arrived at 10:20am to no lines and several hundred already through check in and waiting before me.  10 minutes later boarding started.  That's probably pretty close to best case scenario.  If there are USCG or other routine inspections they can delay boarding.  A lot of it is out of their hands and in the hands of customs and USCG so they can't be more specific.  They'd love to start ASAP just to get everyone on and ready to depart right on time but it's not entirely under their control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donolog said:

I'm on the same cruise, but a week earlier (five more sleeps!). I think everything happens a little earlier on this cruise because they have to depart a bit earlier (i.e. 3pm) in order to make it to Cape Canaveral by noon on Monday.

I am curious to know when they start embarkation. I have a 12:30pm arrival appointment time, but they also asked that people don't arrive more than two hours before their arrival time -- so I take that to mean anytime after 10:30am ... but I don't want to show up and have to wait an hour before they start checking people in. Is there anyone reading this that has taken this cruise (i.e. Anthem out of Cape Liberty) that can verify the earliest time they begin check-in?

D

We just boarded on Friday. We arrived at 10:20 am to find moderate lines in non-suites area and zero lines in suites area. Boarding had already started while we checked in. There was zero wait time. Curb to ship was 10min!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...