Miami Port

mickjacket

I plan on trying either Uber/Lyft for the first time when I cruise out of Miami in January(we don't have either here)

I will be trying it out from the port to a hotel near the Dolphin mall and then the next morning from the hotel to the airport very early. Hoping it works as well and as smooth as every seems to say it does. Normally I rely on hotel shuttles or a cab when its not too expensive. But for these two trips, it was going to cost me close to $100 so I figured that was a good time to try another option. Wish me luck on my experience!

Given all the trouble Uber has been getting into lately with issues like tracking riders after the ride was done, their Greyball software, being hacked and paying off the hackers to keep it quiet for over a year, etc. (not to mention their treatment of employees and drivers), I'd suggest only trying out Lyft. Particularly with that hacking revelation, not sure I'd want to give my personal info to them. Granted, so many US companies have been hacked now and so much personal / credit card info has been stolen that it might almost make no difference at this point; but seeing as you're Canadian and maybe have avoided some of this mess, why open yourself up to it now?

Yes....was $27 when I was there in January....BUT...I am going to a hotel for the night...so I would have to pay $27 for a taxi to the airport and then get a shuttle to the hotel for free......or pay a cab to go from the port to the hotel whish is around $55-60...or hopefully get a Uber/Lyft for about $20