Independence of the Seas suite perks?

[assuming you are in a GS or above]

There will be a Suites (and Pinnacles) breakfast in one of the specialty dining venues (usually Chops but could be anywhere).  Some ships only have this on port days but I think it's pretty much every day now on most ships.  I love this perk.  It is a nice, quiet, leisurely sit-down and be served b'fast.

Also, you can order room service off the MDR menu at no additional charge.  This is opposed to having a limited room service menu from which to order (and pay $7.95!!).

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Which suite are you referring to?

There aren't Royal Class Suite perks on Indy, so if you are in a Grand Suite or above, you get some basics like...

• Access to concierge lounge
  • Invite to a special event or two
  • Priority embarkation/disembarkation
  • Reserved seats by the pool

Royal Family Suite or soon to be known as 2BDR Grand Suite.

I've never sailed Freedom class before but was aware that Royal Class suite perks don't apply that's why I was wondering what you get exactly.  Is there a SL/CL? I know you don't get complimentary VOOM.  Do you get dining anywhere that is similar to CK?

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

[assuming you are in a GS or above]

There will be a Suites (and Pinnacles) breakfast in one of the specialty dining venues (usually Chops but could be anywhere).  Some ships only have this on port days but I think it's pretty much every day now on most ships.  I love this perk.  It is a nice, quiet, leisurely sit-down and be served b'fast.

Also, you can order room service off the MDR menu at no additional charge.  This is opposed to having a limited room service menu from which to order (and pay $7.95!!).

How is the suites breakfast different from eating the MDR for breakfast?

The whole SL/CL thing on Adventure has been a moving target.  They were originally going to replace the CL with a SL during a recent refurb but then had to delay that enhancement.  I really have no idea when they are going to be making that change but I believe that the plan is still to eliminate the CL on Adventure an replace it with a SL.

No, there really isn't an equivalent to the CK on any of the other ship classes (other than O an Q class ships).  That's why they have the special breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants.  Unfortunately, still nothing to replace the CK for lunch and/or dinner.

4 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

How is the suites breakfast different from eating the MDR for breakfast?

It's just a much more sedate environment.  There is no "group" seating - you are always given a private table.  I think the service is more personal but there are usually a few items that are self-serve but you're only a few steps away from those as opposed to walking halfway across the dining room in the MDR.

It's a very similar experience to b'fast in the CK.

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The whole SL/CL thing on Adventure has been a moving target.  They were originally going to replace the CL with a SL during a recent refurb but then had to delay that enhancement.  I really have no idea when they are going to be making that change but I believe that the plan is still to eliminate the CL on Adventure an replace it with a SL.

No, there really isn't an equivalent to the CK on any of the other ship classes (other than O an Q class ships).  That's why they have the special breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants.  Unfortunately, still nothing to replace the CK for lunch and/or dinner.

@WAAAYTOOO do you mean Indy? Or are you referring to Adventure?  I'm thinking of booking Indy.

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

You need to go back to work my friend! LMAO!!:4_joy:

LMAO!!!! When I left in June, my teaching partners were taking bets on how much shopping and travelling I was going to be doing!  I teach to fund my shopping habit and my cruises LOL!

...and the kids are ok too :10_wink:

16 hours ago, mworkman said:

Let me guess....Independence of the Seas :2_grimacing: 

Nice score!

Yup, I just wished she would have had her refurb!  This will be our fourth time on her.  Just curious, anything wrong with her or anything I should know about her?  Last time we sailed on her was last year New Years

56 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Yup, I just wished she would have had her refurb!  This will be our fourth time on her.  Just curious, anything wrong with her or anything I should know about her?  Last time we sailed on her was last year New Years

@Matt is sailing on her soon.  Can't wait to follow the live blog.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:33 PM, RBRSKI said:

Scored two Junior Suites next to each other on our 9 Night Christmas Cruise that leaves 12/21/17.  Wohoo!

A little envious of the xmas cruisers.  I'll have to wait until retirement most likely, due to work (it's our busiest/no-vacations-in-December time of year).  Have a blast, glad you found a deal!