New RC port of call: Cabo Rojo, DR

13 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Interestingly, this is MUCH closer to the troubles in Port-au-Prince, Haiti than is the "we can't go there for safety reasons" Labadee.

Holy smokes. You're not kidding.

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Sounds like a Costa Maya type situation.

Yeah...it kinda makes you wonder if they will be relocating the Labadee experience.  I have no data to support that...just thinking out loud.  Maybe Labadee has become too much trouble, finally.

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Sounds like a Costa Maya type situation.

I don't know, at least Costa Maya has Mahahual and other near options like Bacalar (one of the most beautiful freshwater lagoon in the world).

Looking Google Maps, Cabo Rojo is literally in the middle of nowhere.

51 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah...it kinda makes you wonder if they will be relocating the Labadee experience.  I have no data to support that...just thinking out loud.  Maybe Labadee has become too much trouble, finally.

Could be. Or they know they need to start coming up with additional port options to support future growth.

18 hours ago, Biggiojr said:

I just received an email from my TA saying Royal is adding a port stop on my October 11th to October 19th 2024 8 night S. Caribbean and Perfect Day cruise.

in the email it said this will be the first time a Royal ship has stopped here.

cruiseitinerary.thumb.jpg.8f36207960c06fdc275b89ec8324d67c.jpg

Very interesting.  I'm also on an 8 night southern caribbean a couple months later with the same itinerary.  Now I'm curious if this stop will be added on mine as well. My sailing is an Oasis class so I don't know if the port can handle that size or not.