refundable deposit price

3 hours ago, Melnie1 said:

When pricing a cruise where/how do I find the price to book with a refundable deposit?

You have to do a mock booking and go all the way through the booking process until you get to the very last page prior to inputting payment details. It's on the same page where you select your dining time. This is a major gripe of mine. It shouldn't be so hard. 😤

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You have to do a mock booking and go all the way through the booking process until you get to the very last page prior to inputting payment details. It's on the same page where you select your dining time. This is a major gripe of mine. It shouldn't be so hard. 😤

Also on that same page you can see the price of how much the refundable deposit cost & if you have to click/tap on the box next to refundable deposit and the the total will update to include the price of the refundable deposit.

8 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

My MEI TA gives me quotes fairly quickly and his refundable price IS always cheaper than his non refundable one!  His prices seem to always beat the price I am finding on the Royal website too!

This.

Find a TA with group rates (like MEI). You'll get refundable deposits and a lower price than the NRD website price as mentioned above.

54 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

@FionaMG you are so right!  It’s such a process!
My MEI TA gives me quotes fairly quickly and his refundable price IS always cheaper than his non refundable one!  His prices seem to always beat the price I am finding on the Royal website too!

Yes, very good point, but I hate to bother my TA when I'm comparing prices on several different cruises that I most likely will end up not booking anyway (because I check way more cruises than I have the time or funds to go on. 😳)

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I hate to bother my TA when I'm comparing prices on several different cruises

I felt the same way about bothering my TA when I first starting using them but both of the TA's I have used (one from MEI) have told me they don't mind quoting whatever I want. Clients shopping quotes and never booking (or even booking cruises and then cancelling with a refundable deposit) is just part of the job. They're used to it. Additionally, if you're looking for group rates (maybe you're not), that's the only way to get the prices.

If I could look up group rates myself I gladly would.

Thank you for all of the info. My TA offered to quote the refundable deposit prices for me, but like FionaMG said, I hate to ask her to do all of that extra work until I am pretty confident which cruise(s) I want to take. I was hoping there was an easier way that I hadn't come across yet.