Terminal 5 at Port Canaveral -- How bad is the traffic

I am on Adventure of the Seas departing June 7th and understand for this ship it departs out of terminal 5 of the northern terminals at Port Canaveral. I understand there is a massive parking garage being built nearĀ  the terminals 5 and 6. I have seen on Google Maps street view the traffic is pretty heavy leading into these terminals. My question is, if you have departed recently from terminal 5, how long did it take to get into the terminal to drop off your bags. I have an 11:30 am arrival with a 2-hour drive from Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I just want to know how much more time I need to allow to get into this area.

I am currently on Adventure (Apr 26 sailing). We also sailed on Adventure a couple weeks ago on the Apr 12 sailing. There was no traffic getting to or into Terminal 5.Ā Ā 

We had an 11:30am arrival time both times and we arrived at the terminal/garage a little after 10am. No one checks your arrival time.Ā 

18 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

I am currently on Adventure (Apr 26 sailing). We also sailed on Adventure a couple weeks ago on the Apr 12 sailing. There was no traffic getting to or into Terminal 5.Ā Ā 

We had an 11:30am arrival time both times and we arrived at the terminal/garage a little after 10am. No one checks your arrival time.Ā 

Thanks. While we have a 11:30 time to check in, we also have a suite. So it became, what time did we really want to get there. Trying to get wife and 9 year old daughter up early, even though they know we are going on a cruise, is difficult. Things get overlooked and we are that family that has to turn around 5 minutes away from the house to go back and grab something that was forgotten. lol.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the info. We have sailed out of terminal 1 on Harmony and Wonder and have thought it was a very smooth flow to get in and out.Ā 

34 minutes ago, TheoneandonlyMICAH said:

While we have a 11:30 time to check in, we also have a suite. So it became, what time did we really want to get there.

I'm in a suite and plan to get there between 10-10:30, and expect there to be 100+ people already inside.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Since they fixed it so you pay to park when you enter (instead of after the cruise), I don't think there's much of a traffic situation to contend with.

Hey Matt,

We're staying at the Hampton Inn across from the port.Ā  Is it feasible to walk from there or do we need to set up transportation?Ā  We're able-bodied people šŸ™‚

9 minutes ago, TexanTwoStep said:

Hey Matt,

We're staying at the Hampton Inn across from the port.Ā  Is it feasible to walk from there or do we need to set up transportation?Ā  We're able-bodied people šŸ™‚

If you are departing out of either Royal Caribbean terminals, I would HIGHLY recommend arranging transportation. While it is a few miles to walk, ai would not want to contented with the cars going over the bridge to get to terminal 5 nor the traffic around terminal 1. As @Matt would say, it's easier to grab a Lyft or Uber.

2 hours ago, TexanTwoStep said:

Hey Matt,

It'd be a 2.5-ish mile walk on the shoulder of a busy road with no sidewalk or other pedestrian access.Ā  Ā So you are better off with transportation.

On 5/1/2024 at 8:10 AM, Matt said:

Since they fixed it so you pay to park when you enter (instead of after the cruise), I don't think there's much of a traffic situation to contend with.

I was more concerned about the new parking garage they are building there causing back ups into terminal 5 and 6. I know RoyalĀ  and Carnival use those same terminals with traffic for Disney funneling in through the same area.Ā 

Ā 

Looking at the Google Street view is what got me a little worried. Lol. It does not look all to good. However... I will arrive early to avoid this and hopefully meet @smokeybandit for a cocktail at noon on embarkation day.

image.thumb.png.99d996b1bb0fa27349ffb8f7b7f9722f.png

26 minutes ago, TheoneandonlyMICAH said:

Looking at the Google Street view is what got me a little worried.

I pulled up the Google Street View and at the bottom it says the image was captured in Jan 2023...over a year ago.

According to the Port Canaveral Cruise schedule, the only ship over in the Terminal A area will be the Disney Wish. There shouldn't be much traffic.Ā 

47 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

I pulled up the Google Street View and at the bottom it says the image was captured in Jan 2023...over a year ago.

According to the Port Canaveral Cruise schedule, the only ship over in the Terminal A area will be the Disney Wish. There shouldn't be much traffic.Ā 

This is true. I am sure a lot of things are more stremlined. I was looking at the port schedule for our cruise and saw this.

image.png.f5074ca83d11f7d224b37f673ab1ed95.png

While Allure is out of terminal 1, I suspect it will be nice smooth drive.Ā 

Ā 

I took a 5-nighter from there a month ago.Ā  I arrived at 1045am and traffic was a little heavy with the turn lane backing up into the right-hand travel lane.Ā  Part of the back up was caused by the traffic being directed to the bag drop prior to parking.Ā  I found an alternate route was available and parked.Ā  I was traveling light since it was a shorter cruise and there was no need to wait in the bag drop line.Ā  I parked on the same level as the elevated walkway, made my way to the terminal and was checked in by 11:15am.

15 minutes ago, Last2Know said:

Great question.Ā  Has anyone tried it?

I do recall @MattĀ talking about this in a podcast. I think others have reported only having to pay for the first sailing as the parking people have no way to know if your are doing b2b or even a b2b2b sailing. You will only pay for the first sailing.Ā