Icon's Infinite Balconies??

Personally I don't like the infinite veranda.  While I haven't' yet set sail on Icon I did sail on Celebrity Apex just this past March on a 7 night cruise and we booked a infinite veranda and I personally would never book that category of room again.   In my opinion the infinite veranda is more like a room with a window than a room with a balcony.   I like being able to wake up in the morning and if I want to just sit outside I can do that without turning off the air conditioning in the room. My husband sometimes sleeps in but if I have the window open on the infinite veranda after like 20-30 minutes the room is hot which isn't comfortable for him while trying to sleep. 

It is a unique room/balcony but I will say it isn't for everyone or for every couple.  We both loved our first experience on Celebrity but we both agreed that we would never book a infinite veranda ever again.

5 hours ago, barjpoe said:

I think they are not selling. Just got an Royal Up for my Icon cruise May 18th and they are offering an Infinite Balcony for $30 down from $75. Not going to bid like my regular balcony. Any comments?

I agree overall. I've seen it stay available the longest. However, I had to bid minimum $170pp to get mine.

What category are you in that the bid was only $30?

I’m glad to hear all the opinions, as we have been considering a celebrity cruise.  I watched an Emma cruises video and she also mentioned the issue of light in the room…you can’t have an early riser be on the balcony (on a reg. Balcony cabin) but instead it causes a light issue if one person wants to be “outside” in the virtual balcony room.  That’s a game changer if we are spending money on a balcony room with the expectation my early waking husband won’t wake me up!  Jane