Transportation

We are flying in and out of  fort Lauderdale but our cruise is out of Miami port. So we are looking for suggestion on transportations to and from the airport. There will be 4 of us, we have our 2 grandsons. Also how much time should we allow for traveling from the port to Ft. Lauderdale airport. It would be on a Friday. 

Ft Lauderdale to MIA isn't too far, in a perfect world 30 mins. The problem is MIA traffic, and it is notorious. What time are you coming in? What day of the week? Anything around rush hour and it could be 90 minutes to make that journey. 

Urber, Lyft, Taxi. I think your issue will be you are 4 ppl with a lot of luggage. You might need a large Uber. 

I am actually headed to FLL in about 10 hours.... We are a party of 5 so we plan to take 2 separate taxis to our hotel. Now way for us to fit in one with all our stuff.

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I prefer to fly into FLL over MIA even when sailing out of MIA. The longest it has taken has been about an hour on a Sun/Mon. I take Lyft and an XL should fit all of you and luggage with ease. 

Do you have a ballpark figure for the XL?

We may have to do this and I was wondering how the price compares to a pre-booked car service.

14 hours ago, chrismelissa said:

Try the Brightline Train

I love Brightline, but it wouldnt be practical for Everglades to PortMiami because you'd need to pay for a taxi/lyft from port to train station, and then train station to the port. Just easier to take a lyft the entire way.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:14 AM, FionaMG said:

Do you have a ballpark figure for the XL?

We may have to do this and I was wondering how the price compares to a pre-booked car service.

We did xl Ubers over spring break in France and here because 4-5 people and their luggage wasn’t gonna work.  It averaged about $20-30 more than the regular.  You can see cost on Ubers app by doing a mock viewing.  Jane