Aqua Theater Suite or Owners Suite on Harmony?

Hi everyone. We're planning on going on a cruise in the fall and we're trying to decide between an Aquatheater Suite or an Owners suite. We stayed in our very first suite last year also on Harmony which was the Crown Loft Suite! We absolutely LOVED IT! (#TeamDeck17 am I right?) We're thinking of doing a different suite this time. We wont rule out staying in the CLS again, but wanted something different! What are the pros and cons of each room? Which would you recommend staying in? Thanks!

I haven't been in either...but my thoughts...  Owners Suite is strictly ocean view.  Aquatheater is ocean and aqua theater view.  For me, that would probably be the deciding factor...which view would I prefer.  Just my 2 cents.  Now let the pros chime in! 

Are you talking about a 1BR ATS or a 2 BR ATS ?

If it’s a 1 BR ATS then I definitely recommend the Owners Suite.  The only redeeming quality of the 1 BR ATS is the aft view.  Otherwise, the OS is superior in every way.

If you’re talking about a 2 BR ATS then you’re talking Star Class and that’s a whole ‘nuther thing.  If that’s the case, I would recommend the ATS.  The only real negative of 2BR ATS is the long walk but it’s worth it - at least once.  The second BR of the ATS is really no more than an interior room so just be aware of that.  For kids it’s fine but for a second adult couple it’s really deficient compared to the master BR.

I'd probably go with the owners suite as it's closer to the elevators. Which ship are you planning to go on? We were on the wonder with a boardwalk balcony a few rooms away from ATS. The water show itself became extremely annoying by day 2, being in the room when they show is going on isn't something you'll want to do (outside of the first time watching it)

I think this depends a lot on your travel party. In a 1 bedroom aqua you get a genuine bedroom with a closing door. The bedroom has its own balcony entrance. These features to me make a huge difference if you have someone sleeping on the sofa bed. 

We've stayed in the 2BR AS on Harmony, it was really nice, great view of the ocean, great view of the aqua theater, enormous balcony. There are even binoculars on the balcony on their own stand so you can go out and look at things whenever, it's a cool feature. The only downside for us what was that my kids were younger and still needed naps, but the Aqua show has to practice and it is very loud in the suite when they do, which is typically mid day. If you're not a napper, it won't even be a thing. Have fun!

Just now, Bowen said:

We've stayed in the 2BR AS on Harmony, it was really nice, great view of the ocean, great view of the aqua theater, enormous balcony. There are even binoculars on the balcony on their own stand so you can go out and look at things whenever, it's a cool feature. The only downside for us what was that my kids were younger and still needed naps, but the Aqua show has to practice and it is very loud in the suite when they do, which is typically mid day. If you're not a napper, it won't even be a thing. Have fun!

Yeah unfortunately the 2BR ATS is out of our price range. We have 3 people so its just my parents and myself, so 3 or 3.5k would be my personal budget. The 1 BR ATS just hits that limit.