Formal dining night/attire

4 hours ago, TheresaN42 said:

I'm going on Symphony in July, this is my 2nd cruise (first one was 17 years ago). How do I dress for the Formal night again? It's me and my 17 year old son. 

A lot depends on your original plan/purpose for the trip which will drive what you pack.  I always recommend dressing as an adult would when eating at a nice restaurant.  That reflects my age.  Younger people tend to be more casual.  It's just that each ship has so many casual eateries, formal night is an opportunity to create an atmosphere in the Main Dining Room or Specialty Restaurant that is an experience in itself.  Cruises are more than sandy beaches, but how you behave on a vacation is up to you in the end.  Some vacationers are more self-focused while others look for a win-win that accommodates the wide diversity of cruisers on Royal Caribbean.  Whatever you choose, have a great cruise!.

Literally anything as long as it's decent. Don't show up in wet clothes or a bikini\bathing suite. But at MDR on a nightly basis, you will literally see shorts and tshirts, jeans and polos, khaki and button ups. Same with Formal night, wear a shirt and tie... wear jeans and a polo... wear shorts and a plain shirt- it's totally up to you.

Wear whatever makes you comfortable…within reason of course.

From a tuxedo and formal gown…or military dress mess uniform…or formal top with kilt………all the way through nice shorts and a polo.

You will not stand out. So many others do the same, you’ll fit right in.