C&A question

Does he have your CAS status or his own based on his actual points?

If they recognize him as your dependent he may have your status but his own points counter has been running in the background.  

In the case of a dependent child the policy isn't precisely clear and there have been two experiences reported.  The first is that he is frozen at your CAS status upon turning 18 and will only progress to the next level once he earns the next level based on his own cruising.  The second is that he is reset to his actual level earned by his cruising to date and all future progress is based on his own cruising.  

The verbiage leaves room for interpretation but it appears once they decide one way or another, reports of challenging the decision seem to indicate they won't reverse whatever they decide.  

He should have his own number and will have been accruing his own points

but he will probably have been linked to a parents account and should have the same level of perks as that adult

Once he turns 18 they break the link but he keeps the level he his at and stays there until his points match the level

my kids all got to Emerald based on my loyalty level before they turned 18

some have 22 points, some 30 depending on how many cruises they did themselves - I did a few cruises where I was with my SIL or only had some of the kids so family points didn’t match mine

they are now adding to their individual totals as adults, but are getting to keep the Emerald loyalty perks until they get their own points up to move to Diamond

hope this makes sense and clarifies the whole process