Refreshment package "deal"?

It's the 30% off sale price of $25.99/pp/pd but if I'm doing my math right, it's still 2x what I would pay onboard. I get that it's much more flexible in what you get, but will I be annoyed with trying to make it worth it? We do a fancy coffee and tea each am, then would maybe do a soda a day. If they offer the alcohol card onboard, I would do that rather than the deluxe.  

Refresh package x2 people ($430) + $90/10 alcohol drink card ($106) = $536

Coffee card x2 ($74) + $90/10 alcohol card ($106) + roughly 10 sodas ($42) + water bottle package ($27) = $249

Only you can determine if a package is worth it to you based on how many sodas/coffees/juices/water you get per day.  I haven't seen the alcohol drink card in a while, but that's just me.

I enjoy the convenience of a package. I don't like to have to remember how many whatever I still have left per day or per week.  But some people are totally ok with that.

If they do offer the card onboard and that is a big if, it won't become available until the cruise is half over. That card is primarily based on lower beverage sales. 

I think you are factoring in the drink card as an absolute because purchasing any drink package in the cruise planner will always be cheaper than onboard. 

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

And to OP point it didn't show up until day 5 of a 7night sailing, so it cannot be used as a basis. 

Important clarification for sure. Thanks. I just wanted to share the pic since I had just recently taken it. I’m supposed to be in cruise mode, not forum mode, lol.

I order room service each morning- coffee and tea for 4, which lasts until evening. I buy 2 or 3 drinks per day on ship @ $15 max. I do not find the drink package a value add at all, but I am not a heavy drinker and am OK with standard coffee. I spend about $180 USD for a 7 day cruise, buying as I go. This is taking into account 4 of those days are typically in port.  

On 3/22/2024 at 2:33 PM, manicmonkey said:

It's the 30% off sale price of $25.99/pp/pd but if I'm doing my math right, it's still 2x what I would pay onboard. I get that it's much more flexible in what you get, but will I be annoyed with trying to make it worth it? We do a fancy coffee and tea each am, then would maybe do a soda a day. If they offer the alcohol card onboard, I would do that rather than the deluxe.  

Refresh package x2 people ($430) + $90/10 alcohol drink card ($106) = $536

Coffee card x2 ($74) + $90/10 alcohol card ($106) + roughly 10 sodas ($42) + water bottle package ($27) = $249

Remember that there are no refills on soda, so if they bring you a second one in the MDR at dinner, you'd pay for both. 

We buy the soda package since we know there are days were we will drink 2 sodas and then days when we will drink 10.  Also the Fresstyle machines have many non-soda options we enjoy.

Good luck!