Baggage tags

I might be a bit dum,but I double checked the instructions again when I got home. Baggage tags don't just go on the handle! Air craft baggage tags go on the side handle! But apparently cruise ship tags go on the upright side on the handle next to the pull-up handle. Now where did I find this instruction!!

So apparently a steward thought they would  teach us a lesson. On departing the Ovation on Sat 2 march in Sydney,  we spent an hour looking for our suit cases with a lot of help one was found after 20min the other took an hour. This person had cut the tags off, they did not fall off or get caught and tear, they where double taped with clear medical tape and the identifing spliced colour rope also removed which would have taken a very sharp  knife or quite a while with a pair of scissors. Thanks to the many help full staff they where found and we caught our connecting flight. But it was a stressful time and we will get it right next time. 

There were a group of cases with missing tags that had been put aside I wonder if the same thing happened to them, unfortunately ours had not been  placed with them so it took quite a while and a lot of peoples time to find ours

I use the plastic covers also…I put one on the top handle and one on the side.

I also mark my bag with color reflective tape on all sides so I can see it from far away…distinguishing it from others. Also helps prevent someone with a similar bag from accidentally taking mine.

6 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I also mark my bag with color reflective tape on all sides so I can see it from far away…distinguishing it from others. Also helps prevent someone with a similar bag from accidentally taking mine.

So smart!  I’m going to do this from now on!  Thanks for the tip.  I’ve always used the curly ribbon trick but I like the colored reflective tape better!

49 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

I Do not put my cruise luggage tags on until after I get to the port or hotel the night before.  Less confusion that way,

^^Same^^.    If I fly to my cruise port the tags do not go on until I am leaving the hotel to go to the port.  When I drive to the port (Bayonne) I will put them on before I leave home.