Icon - general questions

We will be sailing on our 1st RC cruise on Icon in June and are hoping to get some guidance.  We are booked in a spacious infinite cabin and have some concerns after watching videos and reading reviews.  We are thinking of switching to a standard balcony room, but deck 8 is only available.  Can you hear noise from Central Park in your cabin?  We are specifically looking at a cabin directly behind Park Cafe.  We would really like to switch, but concerned about noise.

Does Social 020 have a meet and greet at the beginning of the cruise?

Our daughter has the refreshment package.  Does she sign for drinks (coffee, fresh juice, etc) or just show her card?  We are curious if she can sign and leave a tip or if we should bring some $1s for tips.

I suspect I'll be the coffee runner in the morning.  Can I order 3 coffees by myself using our cards (2x Deluxe pkg & 1x refreshment pkg) at Pearl Cafe or does everyone have to be present?

Are Ubers available post-cruise from Miami port to Ft Lauderdale airport?  And if so, is it best to book in advance or will they be readily available?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

My cabin was on Deck 8. I LOVED it.  So close to things that I needed!

Anyone with a beverage package will not get a receipt to sign.  If you want to tip extra, bring some cash.

You can take all cards with you to collect coffee for your group at Pearl Cafe.

You can get a ride share from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.  It's a cluster and I had terrible cellular connection in the ride-share area, but others seemed to have no issues.  I'd personally wait to order the ride share, because I like to see what section I'll be waiting in (depending on how crowded each waiting section is).  Plus, you don't know if you'll be delayed getting off the ship or have any problems with Border Patrol.  But that's me.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My cabin was on Deck 8. I LOVED it.  So close to things that I needed!

Anyone with a beverage package will not get a receipt to sign.  If you want to tip extra, bring some cash.

You can take all cards with you to collect coffee for your group at Pearl Cafe.

You can get a ride share from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.  It's a cluster and I had terrible cellular connection in the ride-share area, but others seemed to have no issues.  I'd personally wait to order the ride share, because I like to see what section I'll be waiting in (depending on how crowded each waiting section is).  Plus, you don't know if you'll be delayed getting off the ship or have any problems with Border Patrol.  But that's me.

Excellent.  Thank you for the reply and informative response!

On 3/3/2024 at 11:45 AM, David K said:

We are booked in a spacious infinite cabin and have some concerns after watching videos and reading reviews.  We are thinking of switching to a standard balcony room, but deck 8 is only available.  Can you hear noise from Central Park in your cabin?  We are specifically looking at a cabin directly behind Park Cafe.  We would really like to switch, but concerned about noise.

If you're on Deck 8, your balcony would be facing the ocean and not Central Park. You'd be in a closed hallway and would have to walk back to the elevator banks to access the park itself or the Park Cafe. You definitely will not get any noise from the park. In fact, even if you were to get a balcony overlooking the park on Decks 9 or 10, Central Park is always pretty quiet. 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:45 AM, David K said:

I suspect I'll be the coffee runner in the morning.  Can I order 3 coffees by myself using our cards (2x Deluxe pkg & 1x refreshment pkg) at Pearl Cafe or does everyone have to be present?

Just keep in mind that regular coffee is free. If you want specialty coffee (espresso, a latte, etc.) that is additional. But if you're just out to grab regular coffee, you won't need anyone's cards. Also, if you do switch to Deck 8 and you only want regular coffee, you can get that at the Park Cafe and won't have to go to the Pearl Cafe. 

On 3/4/2024 at 12:16 PM, jeffmw said:

If you're on Deck 8, your balcony would be facing the ocean and not Central Park. You'd be in a closed hallway and would have to walk back to the elevator banks to access the park itself or the Park Cafe. You definitely will not get any noise from the park. In fact, even if you were to get a balcony overlooking the park on Decks 9 or 10, Central Park is always pretty quiet. 

Just keep in mind that regular coffee is free. If you want specialty coffee (espresso, a latte, etc.) that is additional. But if you're just out to grab regular coffee, you won't need anyone's cards. Also, if you do switch to Deck 8 and you only want regular coffee, you can get that at the Park Cafe and won't have to go to the Pearl Cafe. 

Thank you for the reply.  We indeed made the switch to a traditional Ocean View Balcony on Deck 8 and are happy with the decision.  I appreciate your comment on the quietness of Central Park.  I thought I read that specialty coffees are included in the deluxe and refreshment beverage packages, but could be wrong.  I understand the Starbucks location costs extra.  I need to do some more research as 1st sailing on RC.  Thank you again for the reply.

2 hours ago, David K said:

I thought I read that specialty coffees are included in the deluxe and refreshment beverage packages, but could be wrong.  I understand the Starbucks location costs extra. 

Yes you're correct. I didn't realize you were getting the drink package. If you drink regular coffee vs. specialty coffees, you can get that in the park cafe. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gilley said:

Can you use the Starbucks app onboard or does it have to be the Starbucks gift cards?

I've asked this before and was told that the kiosk has the reader so you should be able to use the app. I'm hoping that is accurate because I loaded a bunch of gift cards onto my app and was planning to use that... I'll be on Symphony in two weeks and can confirm & report back after my cruise.

5 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I've asked this before and was told that the kiosk has the reader so you should be able to use the app. I'm hoping that is accurate because I loaded a bunch of gift cards onto my app and was planning to use that... I'll be on Symphony in two weeks and can confirm & report back after my cruise.

I hope so too.  I will wait for yo to report back before I load them on my app. I’m on Icon in May.  

I was on Symphony last month and bought one of the Symphony mugs at the Starbucks kiosk. No problem using my app to pay for it. They scanned my app and I was on my way. Very easy! Hopefully it is the same on all the ships with a kiosk.