No Ice Skating Sessions on Cruise Planner for Symphony Sailing?

Hello Fam!

I have been looking through the activities for our upcoming sailing on Symphony (March 17-23) and I only see a Teen Skate mentioned on one of the nights. Is it possible that this has yet to be planned, or is somehow not available? I haven't sailed RCL in 10+ years and I am not sure what to expect, so I don't want to set my kids up for disappointment if we cannot go ice skating on this sailing. Any input would be most welcome and we hope to see you onboard if you are also on our sailing. Thanks!

On 3/3/2024 at 12:26 PM, ScottD said:

For some reason Ice Skating and Laser tag both show up once you board. Even if you look at the app of a current sailing, they won't show up unless you are physically on the ship. 

Ahhhhhh - ok then this actually makes sense! Thank you!

On 3/3/2024 at 12:31 PM, jbrinkm said:

Can you now book ice skating also through the app? Last year we had to go in person to sign up on Allure. 

I see - we will def be on the lookout for this, then. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, edobkin said:

Ahhhhhh - ok then this actually makes sense! Thank you!

I see - we will def be on the lookout for this, then. Thanks!

It will definitely show up in the app. Use that in conjunction with the compass. Some things show up on one but not the other. I'm not long off Symphony and remember seeing multiple open skating sessions in the app but only a very few made it onto the paper compass. Your teens can go along to those sessions as well as the dedicated teen sessions.

As @barjpoe says, remember the long pants (or trousers as they're called in my part of the world 😂) and socks. You won't be allowed to participate without them.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It will definitely show up in the app. Use that in conjunction with the compass. Some things show up on one but not the other. I'm not long off Symphony and remember seeing multiple open skating sessions in the app but only a very few made it onto the paper compass. Your teens can go along to those sessions as well as the dedicated teen sessions.

As @barjpoe says, remember the long pants (or trousers as they're called in my part of the world 😂) and socks. You won't be allowed to participate without them.

Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

What is this compass and why don't I see it in the app?  Where is it?  What is the difference?  Is it a planning tool?

It is a printed planner that in the past would have been delivered daily to your room by your stateroom attendant. Nowadays, it is largely surpassed by the app but those who like the paper version can still get them. For day 1, you go to Guest Services and ask for it. Don't be put off if there's a long line as usually the person walking the line will have a bunch of them to hand out. Thereafter, you need to tell your stateroom attendant that you want one delivered every day and they will get it for you.

You can see examples, including a very recent Symphony one, in the "Cruise Compass" section of this website, here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

4 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

What is this compass and why don't I see it in the app?  Where is it?  What is the difference?  Is it a planning tool?

Fiona described it, but in addition to the printed version you can ask for, you can also download a PDF version of it to your phone every night for the following day- there is a QR code on the scheduled events channel in your room, and also usually hanging up by Guest services. I found this a neat way  to save them without having to ask for the printed copies.  

2 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Fiona described it, but in addition to the printed version you can ask for, you can also download a PDF version of it to your phone every night for the following day- there is a QR code on the scheduled events channel in your room, and also usually hanging up by Guest services. I found this a neat way  to save them without having to ask for the printed copies.  

Yes! I forgot about that. There was also a card on the dresser with the QR code. It said something like "Cruise Compass goes green".

21 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It is a printed planner that in the past would have been delivered daily to your room by your stateroom attendant. Nowadays, it is largely surpassed by the app but those who like the paper version can still get them. For day 1, you go to Guest Services and ask for it. Don't be put off if there's a long line as usually the person walking the line will have a bunch of them to hand out. Thereafter, you need to tell your stateroom attendant that you want one delivered every day and they will get it for you.

You can see examples, including a very recent Symphony one, in the "Cruise Compass" section of this website, here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

THank you!  Ar these handed out via paper one for the whole week or per day?  I think my son (autistic) would benefit with the paper one.

5 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

THank you!  Ar these handed out via paper one for the whole week or per day?  I think my son (autistic) would benefit with the paper one.

Once you request the paper version, each evening your room attendant will leave the next day’s printout on the bed.  This gives you plenty of time to look it over and plan out the next day’s activities.

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Once you request the paper version, each evening your room attendant will leave the next day’s printout on the bed.  This gives you plenty of time to look it over and plan out the next day’s activities.

Yes! Ever since we started cruising my bedtime reading has always been the next day's compass. It's like a ritual, which is why I am loathe to give them up even though I do mostly use the app when we're roaming the ship.