Royaling up to a suite on Radiance Class?

I am sailing on the Brilliance to Alaska in May. Royal Up email appeared in my inbox yesterday. Minimum bids for Jr. Suite through 1 and 2 bedroom Grand Suites aren't that bad per person. We have an aft balcony room so I'm not very interested in giving up that view but I could bid a reasonable amount on a grand suite... Ugh. So torn. I know there's not a guarantee at all.

On a larger class ship I would do it but being unfamiliar with sky class suite class benefits on a Radiance class ship I'm not sure there's much benefit beyond double C&A points (we will reach Emerald on this cruise and we're still building toward status that actually pays off, so that might be a pro) and wifi included. We already have all our plans settled so I'm not sure we'd need the concierge. The happy hour in the suite lounge seems ok but we are traveling with family in other rooms who wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Anyone have thoughts on taking the gamble?

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal suite class doesn't exist on this class.  It's only on Oasis, Quantum and Icon class.  

It's one of my beefs with the suite product across the fleet, very inconsistent.  

On this class in a full suite you'll get access to the Suite/Concierge Lounge, breakfast in Chops and a nicer cabin.  

I'd love to know what percentage of suite guests on those ships buy internet. Enough to where offering it for free would hurt the bottom line? I doubt it.

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'd love to know what percentage of suite guests on those ships buy internet. Enough to where offering it for free would hurt the bottom line? I doubt it.

The question they are asking is... If Voom was included would more people book a suite on these older ships?

Probably not.  So they don't offer it. 

There is little reason to offer something that will reduce revenue while not motivating people to step up to a suite.  The demographic that books suites on the older ships is going to book suites on the older ships with or without Voom included.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The question they are asking is... If Voom was included would more people book a suite on these older ships?

Probably not.  So they don't offer it. 

There is little reason to offer something that will reduce revenue while not motivating people to step up to a suite.  The demographic that books suites on the older ships is going to book suites on the older ships with or without Voom included.  

I agree, and for that matter we would just remain in our current cabin and buy The Key instead. For where we are at in our cruise journey and trying to build loyalty status, the investment in suite class to get to Diamond quicker by earning double points is the true draw right now. Any other perks are nice to have but we don't need to have them. On large ships, I think we would consider it.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

offering it for free

I am sure it would just be incorporated into the price of the suite. I would prefer that as we always buy it anyway but for those who don’t want it there is an unnecessary expense.

I think it would improve the bottom line as currently you don’t know how much you are paying for the privilege in Royal Suite Class but probably more than in the cruise planner.

I'm on Ovation in May coming up. We got the email but don't want to risk it because we picked the perfect balcony ocean view room for our sailing to maximize the views we will receive. We didn't want to gamble on getting a random suite somewhere on the ship we couldn't pick. Plus you don't get the double points on a suite so its really a lose lose for us. Perks really didn't stand out for us.