Wonder OTS 2/11-2/18 & Hideaway Beach review

Adult only heated pool is the main advantage @Hideaway. It’s large, and in February it felt good to be in warm water. The area around the DJ is loud, the decibel level quickly drops further you move away, in fact it’s quiet at the other end of Hideaway Beach. Food was disappointing considering this is an up charge experience. Not bad food, but just average. It was Sorrento’s style pizza, mozzarella sticks, salad, fruit, sandwiches, mini empanadas. Overall I enjoyed time here, mainly for the heated pool. 

Friendly crew onboard, best stateroom attendant we’ve had. Not sure how they tolerate the behavior of some passengers. Witnessed an interaction at guest services where a woman was leaning over the counter, screaming loudly for a manager “right now”. Everyone on the promenade stopped and turned around to see what was happening. Security came and surrounded her. 

Got our first onboard massage, it was a couples hot stone massage, and it was the best massage ever! I was prepared for the sales pitch at the end, and simply said no thank you. 

Food was good overall, Indian food was amazing as usual. Baked Alaska was the best desert. Italian night was my favorite. Solarium Bistro had fantastic Mediterranean food at dinner. I tried some vegetarian food during the cruise and didn’t understand why tofu onboard is served raw and uncooked. A few of the dishes have different names but are almost the same, a variation of eggplant and couscous. I assume they do this to cut costs. 

Best new drink is the peanut butter tropic at the schooner bar. The 10 drink deal was offered, and my wife and I decided we’ll do that from now on, instead of the drink package. Drink package isn’t worth it anymore at $1,388. 

1st time using the chat feature in the app. It worked 95% of the time. We got all notifications when chat was working. Had a lot of fun and laughs on Wonder. Enjoyed 80’s party on the promenade, the crowd appeared more into it too than 70’s disco inferno. The positives definitely outweighed the minor negative aspects of the cruise. 

24 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting to hear that the 10 drink package was available onboard.  It has been rare, lately.  You do realize that it is not always available ?  In fact, it's fairly rare.  

I hope it’s available more often. If not, I’ll buy drinks a la carte. 

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting to hear that the 10 drink package was available onboard.  It has been rare, lately.  You do realize that it is not always available ?  In fact, it's fairly rare.  

Ikr... I have yet to see one. I'm hoping to find one on my next cruise. <fingers crossed> 🤞

48 minutes ago, Gilley said:

They had it on my Visions cruise this month but it didn’t go on sale until about the 4th or 5th day of my 8 night sailing. 

It is usually I believe day 4 on a 7n and day 5/6 on longer itineraries. They want to try to sell as many DX as possible before they offer it.