First time junior suite

Well finally pulled the trigger and scored a junior suite with an aft balcony on freedom ots on the sept 29th eastern Caribbean sailing! We’re in 7412 which seems like a good room for our first jr suite. I think we get priority boarding and double crown and anchor points if I’m not mistaken which was our big push to do it. Anyone have any tips or hidden gems on freedom? It will be my wife, two boys(second cruise for both even at 2 and 4) and myself. The biggest downside I see at this point is there’s going to be a walk to get to the elevators. 

11 hours ago, kevpeirce said:

Well finally pulled the trigger and scored a junior suite with an aft balcony on freedom ots on the sept 29th eastern Caribbean sailing! We’re in 7412 which seems like a good room for our first jr suite. I think we get priority boarding and double crown and anchor points if I’m not mistaken which was our big push to do it. Anyone have any tips or hidden gems on freedom? It will be my wife, two boys(second cruise for both even at 2 and 4) and myself. The biggest downside I see at this point is there’s going to be a walk to get to the elevators. 

Congrats !  Sounds like you have all of the intel correct.  You will be so spoiled by that big, beautiful balcony !  An aft JS was my very first step into suite snobbiness.  It only gets worse from here !

It is a long walk to the aft but it's worth it.  Enjoy.

4 hours ago, Last2Know said:

Yep, my favorite place to relax too.  I've often contemplated bringing a packable hammock and getting super boogie like Virgin.  

3 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We always bring our Hammock...Even on our Alaska cruises.

Hammocks are such a great idea 💡!! What is the best ways you’ve found to attach it on the balcony??

Thanks everyone! 221 more days of dreaming about this trip for us. We’re excited for the suite, aft balcony(even with the so called obstruction), and our first freedom class ship. We loved the amped features on Oasis and the kids splash area on freedom actually looks better. It will be tough to compete with Oasis playmakers being right next to the carrousel and the hot dog stand, but overall I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a new favorite ship after this. 

46 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Hammocks are such a great idea 💡!! What is the best ways you’ve found to attach it on the balcony??

On older ship you can usually find holes in the beams to run your straps through but not on the newer ships.  On the newer ships you need two big c-clamps to clamp to the beams.  Bringing these c-clamps in your checked luggage will cause you to take a trip to the naughty room…We’ve been called there a few times.   Just explain what they are for and the clamps are released along with the suitcase.   We have never had them confiscated…Just a pain going down to the naughty room.