Unlimited Dining Package price

Rooty

4 minutes ago, daha699 said:

How Much is Unlimited Dining Package prices for long sailing ??   I have a 21 day Quantum of seas for 2025 and want to start saving now, i know for the 7 nite it is about $300 P/P  , does it have a cap on longer sailings ,

Thanks in advance 

It will depend on the ship and the specific sailing.  Prices differ widely.  The longer the cruise, the more a UDP will cost.  There is no cap.

Have you considered whether a UDP for a 21 night cruise would be something that you really want to do ?  Eating at the same restaurants with static menus is going to get old.  With the longer sailings Royal used to offer a 5 night package.  Not sure if they would ever offer more than 5 nights if your cruise were even longer.  Remember, the UDP work for lunch on sea days as well as dinners every night of the cruise. 

My recommendation would be to buy a shorter dining package and augment it with MDR and other complimentary options.  At least with the MDR you will have a changing menu and not be stuck with the same menus for 3 weeks.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It will depend on the ship and the specific sailing.  Prices differ widely.  The longer the cruise, the more a UDP will cost.  There is no cap.

Have you considered whether a UDP for a 21 night cruise would be something that you really want to do ?  Eating at the same restaurants with static menus is going to get old.  With the longer sailings Royal used to offer a 5 night package.  Not sure if they would ever offer more than 5 nights if your cruise were even longer.  Remember, the UDP work for lunch on sea days as well as dinners every night of the cruise. 

My recommendation would be to buy a shorter dining package and augment it with MDR and other complimentary options.  At least with the MDR you will have a changing menu and not be stuck with the same menus for 3 weeks.

Yes i am considering the 5 nite package , i am curious what the difference price points are so i may compare what direction i would go,, But you have some valid points same place over and over gets old,

We are on Quantum in a couple of weeks for a 7-night cruise. On this cruise the UDP is $627NZD (roughly $380 USD) per person.

Ballpark based on this would be $89 NZD per day X 21 days = $1869 NZD ($1142 USD pp) 

For a longer voyage I would expect it to be slightly cheaper but there are only limited specialty restaurants on Quantum with unchanging menus.

I personally don't believe this would be good value for money.

2 hours ago, F1guynz said:

We are on Quantum in a couple of weeks for a 7-night cruise. On this cruise the UDP is $627NZD (roughly $380 USD) per person.

Ballpark based on this would be $89 NZD per day X 21 days = $1869 NZD ($1142 USD pp) 

For a longer voyage I would expect it to be slightly cheaper but there are only limited specialty restaurants on Quantum with unchanging menus.

I personally don't believe this would be good value for money.

i agree way to much money !!     Wow

I am on the Ovation in April for a 18 night cruise and they do not offer the UDP.  You can get a 3 night, 5 night and 10 night dinning plans.  the 3 and 5 night is about $44 USD a night and the 10 night is about $36 USD a night.  The 10 night cruise that I am on just before the 18 night has the UDP for $415 USD.

11 hours ago, Freegirl said:

Radiance is a smaller ship with fewer specialty restaurants, but the unlimited dining package for our 14 night cruise in April is $448 per person.

Chops, Izumi, Samba Grill, Giovanni's Table (and Chef's Table w/$49.99 surcharge)

now that is not Bad price 

9 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I am on the Ovation in April for a 18 night cruise and they do not offer the UDP.  You can get a 3 night, 5 night and 10 night dinning plans.  the 3 and 5 night is about $44 USD a night and the 10 night is about $36 USD a night.  The 10 night cruise that I am on just before the 18 night has the UDP for $415 USD.

so now i am getting options 5 nite is $244 10 nite is $360  ,  after talking to Waaytooo i would not buy UDP , but may consider 5 or 10 nite at least for sure 5 Nite 

On 2/7/2024 at 3:21 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hello quick question , i know you get allot of JS have you ever had a problem getting in to Coastal kitchen when in a JS , we are on the Odyssey this March 2nd in a JS, and i did not book any Specialty Dining packages in hopes of CK, but i am a little worried getting a reservation,  then i would be upset i did not book Specialty dining , what are your thoughts ,  

54 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Hello quick question , i know you get allot of JS have you ever had a problem getting in to Coastal kitchen when in a JS , we are on the Odyssey this March 2nd in a JS, and i did not book any Specialty Dining packages in hopes of CK, but i am a little worried getting a reservation,  then i would be upset i did not book Specialty dining , what are your thoughts ,  

Believe it or not, I have never sailed on an Oasis or Quantum class ship in a JS !  ...so I have no experience with this situation at all.  I have certainly heard of many people who have and for the most part, dinner in the CK is mixed on O class ships and nearly 100% available (from feedback) on the Q class ships.

My advice is this:  book a 3 night dining package and plan on eating "out" for 3 nights of your 6 or 8 night cruise.  Then, plan on being able to get into the CK the rest of the evenings.  I think your chances on OY are really quite good if you get to the CK maitre'd early and make your query as soon as you board.

I do certainly understand your concern and it is a gamble for sure....but I think the odds are [ever] in your favor !

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Believe it or not, I have never sailed on an Oasis or Quantum class ship in a JS !  ...so I have no experience with this situation at all.  I have certainly heard of many people who have and for the most part, dinner in the CK is mixed on O class ships and nearly 100% available (from feedback) on the Q class ships.

My advice is this:  book a 3 night dining package and plan on eating "out" for 3 nights of your 6 or 8 night cruise.  Then, plan on being able to get into the CK the rest of the evenings.  I think your chances on OY are really quite good if you get to the CK maitre'd early and make your query as soon as you board.

I do certainly understand your concern and it is a gamble for sure....but I think the odds are [ever] in your favor !

Thank you

I should add....that I am following my own advice on this one.  I don't have a JS booked but b/c we are very junior level Pinnacles, we are basically in the same boat as the Sea class folks when we sail non-suite (which is more and more common for us these days).  I have purchased 3 night packages for our upcoming Wonder and Oasis cruises with hopes of enjoying the CK the other nights and we also have our BOGO meals to use.  If we aren't able to get into the CK then there will be much thrashing and gnashing of teeth (kidding) but we will not starve !

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I should add....that I am following my own advice on this one.  I don't have a JS booked but b/c we are very junior level Pinnacles, we are basically in the same boat as the Sea class folks when we sail non-suite (which is more and more common for us these days).  I have purchased 3 night packages for our upcoming Wonder and Oasis cruises with hopes of enjoying the CK the other nights and we also have our BOGO meals to use.  If we aren't able to get into the CK then there will be much thrashing and gnashing of teeth (kidding) but we will not starve !

i understand ,  CK is just that Good !!    We will see 

6 hours ago, daha699 said:

I just booked the 3 day dining package i thought starting jan 2024 you would be able to make reservation for specialty restaurants from cruise planner ??

Is that for single individual reservations only ?

It wasn't specified as Jan but early 2024, and it hasn't happened yet.