2 adults & 3 young kids.. room options??

Hi!! 
I’ve been searching trying to figure out the best scenario. My husband and I have 3 kids 2 under 2 and an 8 year old. We want to cruise but not sure our best room options. Are there any rooms that sleep 5 besides the most expensive suites? Or is getting conjoined rooms the best? I don’t really like the 2 room option at all especially for sleeping arrangements. But if that’s the best option then that’s what we will do. Thanks so much!! 

We are two adults and 3 kids (though our oldest is 14 now, so that does help a bit) - we are booked on Icon in one of the new family infinite balcony rooms - they sleep up to 6. 

Definitely not the cheapest option, just as Icon seems more expensive than older ships, but a bit less than suites on the same ship

We also have done an ultra wide ocean view on Symphony of the Seas that also slept upto 6

One nice thing if you can get two connecting rooms is the two full bathrooms

If you can't find connecting rooms one other option we have done on a cruise is get rooms that face each other - so we did one balcony room and then an inside stateroom that was directly across the hall

8 hours ago, LinzLoo said:

Hi!! 
I’ve been searching trying to figure out the best scenario. My husband and I have 3 kids 2 under 2 and an 8 year old. We want to cruise but not sure our best room options. Are there any rooms that sleep 5 besides the most expensive suites? Or is getting conjoined rooms the best? I don’t really like the 2 room option at all especially for sleeping arrangements. But if that’s the best option then that’s what we will do. Thanks so much!! 

You did not mention any specific class of ship, but our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 older children)  has stayed many times in the promenade family staterooms on Freedom class ships.  They are now called Spacious Promenade view interior category 1Q.  There are four total, located mid ship deck 7 (7307 and 7607) and 8 (8307 and 8607) on all Freedom Class ships.  Highly recommend them, though they probably sell out fast.  You can easily find youtube tour videos of these rooms.  

Voyager and Freedom class ships have rooms in the very front of this ship that will sleep up to 6. They are called ultra spacious ocean view. Each of them are a little bit different depending upon the deck. Some actually are almost like a 2BR suite... They all have bunk beds, plus a living room that has a pull out bed. Negative of these is still only 1 bathroom.

Connecting cabins would be your best option as it's usually cheaper plus 2 bathrooms. Even this will be a bit tricky as a lot of the connecting cabins are only 2 people max as they don't have sofas due to the connecting door. 

Best bet is to find a good travel agent and let them give you some options. 

We are currently in a Panoramic View suite (category VP) on Adventure.  It technically is a 2 BR suite but the second bedroom is little more than a large closet with bunk beds.  There is a bath-and-a-half (2 toilets, 2 sinks, 1 shower).  There is also a pullout couch (which looks like it would be very uncomfortable to sleep on, TBH) so I think it could sleep 5 or 6 but the “others” would need to be littles.  The good news is that is, indeed, a full suite, so comes with all of the suite amenities.  Downside - no balcony….but we haven’t missed the balcony at all.  Awesome views out the floor-to-ceiling  windows.  As others have mentioned, the number of occupants can cause complications which a good TA should be able to navigate.

We are 2+2 soon to be 2+3 so I have spent a lot of time on this topic.  As mentioned above, it breaks down by ship class(and even specific ship within the class).  With 2 under 2 I would strongly recommend something with both a baby splash zone and a nursery which limits you to Quantum Class, Oasis Class, Freedom Class and Navigator of the Seas.  For purposes of your inquiry I will exclude the ultra-expensive suites (RL, US, A1, A2) I'd note that GT and VP suites can be relatively reasonable with KSF promotions. 

Icon is curiously relatively limited on 5+ cabins with only the family cabin or connection cabins as options. 

Oasis has GT suites plus the aforementioned "ultra spacious (fka family rooms) staterooms 1A (balcony) 1k (oceanview) or 1R (interior) there are also some junior suites and balconies on certain ships that will allow 5 guests (see e.g. Oasis 8626 or 8714) but they are limited and I have never actually heard of someone successfully booking 5 people into them.  Then obviously there are two connecting rooms.  Note that many connecting rooms are only 2 person rooms so you will need to work with a TA to actually get a connecting 2 room and 3 room. 

Quantum is very limited with pretty much just GT suites and the ultra-expensive suites or connecting rooms.  Certain ships have a 3-room "Junior suite" block which is really an interior, balcony and junior suite all off of its own little corridor but that is probably overkill for a family of 5.

Freedom and Navigator have the VP suite and GT suites plus 1K and 1R (but no 1As)