Air2Sea and Included Bags

WannaCruise

Question for anyone who has booked Air2Sea.  When we did the booking on Air2Sea, it definitely showed that 1 bag is included (I assume per person).  I have screenshots of this and I do remember checking a few times.

Since we booked with WestJet, we had to wait until we paid off our cruise to book our seats.  This all worked fine, except that when looking at our flights, it doesn't seem to show that any bags are included and it even recommends that we prepay.

Did we miss doing something when we booked our seats?  Or does this happen often?  We fly out in a few days so I guess we'll see for sure if our bags are in fact included but doesn't seem so from WestJet emails (and even Royal's confirmation doesn't mention bags).  

We have booked many times through Air2Sea and I have never seen bags included from booking with them. Included bags are usually dependant on the airline fare category that you booked, not the agent (which in this case is Air2Sea). If this exists, then I am missing out too. Interested to hear what others say.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Air2sea is just a booking agent.

If you see a checked bag included, then that means whatever westjet fare class is shown there includes a checked bag.

Yeah...it's just that Air2Sea listed the first bag as included.  Guess next time, I should confirm with them when they send the invoice.

I have purchased flights with an airline and paid for bags, but then it does not show as paid, and tells me to "add a bag".  When I add a bag when doing check in it shows as a zero cost.  Perhaps it will do that for you as well.  I am not famiiliar with Westjet but did a quick google search and see where it says first bag fee included for EconoFlex, Premium and business fares as well as Silver, Gold and Platinum rewards members.  Flight to Asia also have a bag included for Econo and Member exclusive fares

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I have purchased flights with an airline and paid for bags, but then it does not show as paid, and tells me to "add a bag".  When I add a bag when doing check in it shows as a zero cost.  Perhaps it will do that for you as well.  I am not famiiliar with Westjet but did a quick google search and see where it says first bag fee included for EconoFlex, Premium and business fares as well as Silver, Gold and Platinum rewards members.  Flight to Asia also have a bag included for Econo and Member exclusive fares

Thanks.  Maybe Air2Sea misaligned the ticket with EconFlex.   It's hard to tell as it doesn't seem like a one to one mapping (i.e. since the price isn't the same if you check on the airline's site directly).  Or maybe we'll get lucky and it will in fact be included. However, we haven't pre-paid anything as we though they were included.  Will just pay it when there if not, and will double check next time at booking if we do Air2Sea again.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:43 AM, Pattycruise said:

Happy to report that we just did check in for WestJet, and like your scenario, when we got to bags, it showed $0 for the cost of each bag.  

So it was in fact included.  

• 3 months later...

We are in the same quandary.  We have an upcoming Alaska cruise where we booked Air2Sea. They booked us on WestJet.  I have the same screenshot showing 1st checked bag free. When I go to WestJet’s website it shows our seats as econo and tells us we can pre-pay for our bags!  It appears that you waited until you could check-in  (24 hours before the flight) and were prepared to pay for your bags at that time (would have cost $10 more than pre-pay) and low and behold you were shown a $0 fee for your first checked bag. Did the Air2Sea booking show your flights as econo-flex or just econo?

Would appreciate your take on this…looking forward to hearing from you.

1 hour ago, Candace Dempsey said:

We are in the same quandary.  We have an upcoming Alaska cruise where we booked Air2Sea. They booked us on WestJet.  I have the same screenshot showing 1st checked bag free. When I go to WestJet’s website it shows our seats as econo and tells us we can pre-pay for our bags!  It appears that you waited until you could check-in  (24 hours before the flight) and were prepared to pay for your bags at that time (would have cost $10 more than pre-pay) and low and behold you were shown a $0 fee for your first checked bag. Did the Air2Sea booking show your flights as econo-flex or just econo?

Would appreciate your take on this…looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello.  Correct...although it didn't indicate anywhere that bags were included  (except on the screen shot that I took at booking time), it showed $0 feel when we actually did the WestJet check in for a bag.  I just searched my documents that I had, and we had a flight time change and in that one, it does show the flight listed as economy.

Good luck...hope you experience the same (and enjoy your cruise!)