Entertainment reservations.

Terry R

Curious as to when you could make entertainment reservations on this cruise. Today was first day for sign in on Jan 21 cruise but it would not let me book show reservations when I hit the dropdown bar. Today was day 45 from cruise. How did it work on the Jan 14 sailing and I will use that as a guide. Many thanks for help or advise

1 hour ago, Terry R said:

Curious as to when you could make entertainment reservations on this cruise. Today was first day for sign in on Jan 21 cruise but it would not let me book show reservations when I hit the dropdown bar. Today was day 45 from cruise. How did it work on the Jan 14 sailing and I will use that as a guide. Many thanks for help or advise

Assuming you are on a ship that allows show reservations check back daily. It seems random. I was able to book shows about 5 days after check in opened up for Jan 13 sailing.

The schedule for release is only for Oasis and Quantum class for pre-booking (and only a limited number of shows). They open on the first day of the month, the month before your cruise. For example if you leave February 1st they would open on January 1st. If you leave on February 28, they open January 1st.

All other classes do not allow pre-booking of shows.

Important note: Royal does not release all available reservations for Oasis and Quantum class either. A few are held back for onboard booking, and there's usually still room for walk-ups at the larger venues.

1 hour ago, Fox Forlenza said:

The schedule for release is only for Oasis and Quantum class for pre-booking (and only a limited number of shows). They open on the first day of the month, the month before your cruise. For example if you leave February 1st they would open on January 1st. If you leave on February 28, they open January 1st.

Important note: Royal does not release all available reservations for Oasis and Quantum class either. A few are held back for onboard booking, and there's usually still room for walk-ups at the larger venues.

Not always the case.

While true that Oasis and Quantum class .......possibly Icon as well, are the only ones that have pre-booking. When that opens is not a specific rule. For example, I sail Allure in Jan on the 29th. My entertainment opened up on the 3rd of dec. I sail Wonder on the 21st, a full 8 days before Allure. The entertainment opened up at check-in which was the 7th of Dec. It is also possible that entertainment might not open until 30 days before sailing. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, Fox Forlenza said:

Is this always true?  I have a cruise on 3/31. Check in is 2/15.  But you're saying that shows will open on 2/1, before I can even check in for the cruise? I am going on Harmony.  

6 hours ago, Raquel121 said:

Is this always true?  I have a cruise on 3/31. Check in is 2/15.  But you're saying that shows will open on 2/1, before I can even check in for the cruise? I am going on Harmony.  

No not always true. It could open at check in, 30 days or even later.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:57 AM, Fox Forlenza said:

I agree that this is the general pattern, but not always the 1st of the month before - rather, sometime in the first week of the month before your cruise, with a rare exception here and there. So the number of days will change, especially depending on what part of the month you are sailing in. If you are sailing near the beginning of a month, it will be closer to 30 days and if you are sailing towards the end of the month, could be closer to 60 days. 

7 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I agree that this is the general pattern, but not always the 1st of the month before - rather, sometime in the first week of the month before your cruise, with a rare exception here and there. So the number of days will change, especially depending on what part of the month you are sailing in. If you are sailing near the beginning of a month, it will be closer to 30 days and if you are sailing towards the end of the month, could be closer to 60 days. 

This would be my answer... and there have been rare reports of just before the 1st as well but not many.

46 minutes ago, KJRanch said:

Has anyone experienced being able to reserve shows before the 45 day check in window?  We are currently 55 days out til our March cruise, and curious if we need to be checking daily before check in at 45 days.  

As mentioned above, you should start checking around February 1st (which I know ironically is check-in day b/c I am also 55 days out from my March cruise).

I spend a lot of time randomly checking stuff anyway so I'll keep an eye out at the very end of January but early February is more likely.