ROOM CONFIGURATIONS on ODYSSEY

PPPJJ-GCVAB

Hey there…wondering if anyone can help me out.  I’m booked on the TransAtlantic sailing of Odyssey from NJ to Rome in April 2025.  I am in a Ocean View Balcony room…12254.  I am trying to find out if the bed is near the balcony…as that is what I prefer and being on a 14 night cruise would like to be happy in my space.

I checked cruise deck plans.com but the rooms are so scattered it is hard to tell which configuration my room has.  If anyone has been on Odyssey and possibly had a room (category 4D) where mine is…would you be kind enough to let me know?  I have time to switch the room as my TA is holding 4 together so it would mean just moving me to 12256.  
Thanks in advance for any insight with this.

Update !  This trick works exactly the OPPOSITE way for Quantum class ships (apparently).  So the “good” orientation is the stateroom with the double arrow pointing to the left and the “bad” orientation is with the double arrow pointing to the right !  I never realized this but a TA that I trust and admire pointed this out not long ago.  I cannot personally confirm this but I trust my source.  I trust everyone is totally confused now.  😵‍💫😵‍💫

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Update !  This trick works exactly the OPPOSITE way for Quantum class ships (apparently).  So the “good” orientation is the stateroom with the double arrow pointing to the left and the “bad” orientation is with the double arrow pointing to the right !  I never realized this but a TA that I trust and admire pointed this out not long ago.  I cannot personally confirm this but I trust my source.  I trust everyone is totally confused now.  😵‍💫😵‍💫

Oh no!!!

well I’m on an interior on Anthem at the moment so I can’t confirm anything.  My bed is against the far wall facing the door! 🤣

46 minutes ago, PeloAl said:

This is so confusing 🫤. If anyone has a few mins and can check cabin 9694 for me on  Odyssey I’m very curious about the bed placement. TIA! 

If you follow the above info for quantum ships, it looks like your bed will be near the bathroom.  I prefer the bed next to the balcony.  I picked GTY for my sailing on 1/20/24 on Odyssey.  I can check in Wednesday.  I'm hoping for bed near balcony placement, or I might ask. to be switched.  Although, it probably the most depends how obstructed the view is.  There are some pretty obstructed views on the quantum ships. At least you're on deck 9, probably an unobstructed view.

14 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

If you follow the above info for quantum ships, it looks like your bed will be near the bathroom.  I prefer the bed next to the balcony.  I picked GTY for my sailing on 1/20/24 on Odyssey.  I can check in Wednesday.  I'm hoping for bed near balcony placement, or I might ask. to be switched.  Although, it probably the most depends how obstructed the view is.  There are some pretty obstructed views on the quantum ships. At least you're on deck 9, probably an unobstructed view.

Yep... I just looked at Cruisedeckplans.com and found a room that had a video tour and counted down to the room in question, bed by the door. 

6 hours ago, MaryS said:

Hope this helps.  On Cruisedeckplans.com cabin 12260 pictures show the bed is near the balcony so one would think that cabin 12258 bed near bath, 12256 bed near balcony & 12254 bed near bath.

This is just what I thought and I am pretty sad about it.  But..gotta keep my chin up and just be happy I’m going to be on this beautiful ship, sailing across the Atlantic, and visiting many great places.  Can’t put a damper on this vacation just because the bed won’t be where I would have liked it!  😜