Diamond Plus and Specialty Dining

JHCB

Hello

Curious if one can combine the diamond plus BOGO specialty dining with the 3-day dining package (purchased online) to get 5 days of specialty dining? Looking at this as an alternative to the unlimited dining. I am thinking there may be a conflict as both offers may require dining on night one.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, JHCB said:

Hello

Curious if one can combine the diamond plus BOGO specialty dining with the 3-day dining package (purchased online) to get 5 days of specialty dining? Looking at this as an alternative to the unlimited dining. I am thinking there may be a conflict as both offers may require dining on night one.

Thanks!

Absolutely !  I do it on every cruise.

24 minutes ago, JHCB said:

Do you have to use the BOGO on the first two nights...essentially eating in specialty restaurants two nights in a row?  Or can you go on night one and then use the free dining on say night 4 as an example?

Thanks again!

By policy the verbiage states nights 1 and 2.  In practice it varies by ship.  

Some ships enforce the night one and two thing, some ships do not.  

We are on Indy now.  We have been able (3 separate sailings) to use one of our BOGO on either night #1 or 2 and then use the other one later in the week (we usually choose last night). The trick is to let your server know, when you use your first BOGO, that you will be using your other BOGO later in the week and they will go ahead and charge you ahead of time right then for you second BOGO.  From what I understand, the [electronic] “coupon” for BOGO is only available on your rez for the first 2 nights so that means that your meals have to be paid for on nights 1 or 2….but when you actually consume the meal is immaterial as long as you’ve already paid by day 2.

As others have mentioned, some ships are far stricter with this rule than others.  We’ve only had 1 instance (Wonder) where they insisted that we had to consume both meals on days 1 and 2. Other ships seem to be much more accommodating.  We love this perk !  It work soooo well in conjunction with a 3 night package.  Yields almost a UDP.