GTY Royal Suites Class

JFCruise

I either did a dumb impulse buy or a pretty smart one and got a GTY Suite on Harmony for January 2026 (don't tell RC but I got KSF while my kid is not in class).

Anyways, I have a few questions:

- Is there any realistic chance I get something above a Junior Suite? According to the reservations page, they only have 5 left that could fit us (I checked the suite for 2 people and there were plenty).

- In case I do get something better, would I enjoy all the respective tier's benefits?

26 minutes ago, BRY7 said:

definitely possible to get something higher than JS but highly unlikely. You'll enjoy the respective tier's benefits

@BRY7 @Linda R SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?

What gives me a little hope is that the category I was offered when mocking a select-your-room, there were only 5 staterooms available. I'm not exactly sure how that works since we are only 3, but were offered 5+.

Honestly, it's mostly whatever. I was just curious to know if there was any chance of anything better.

3 hours ago, JFCruise said:

What gives me a little hope is that the category I was offered when mocking a select-your-room, there were only 5 staterooms available. I'm not exactly sure how that works since we are only 3, but were offered 5+.

Honestly, it's mostly whatever. I was just curious to know if there was any chance of anything better.

heard that its possible RC already blocked a room for your reservation so what you see from the mock booking is not necessarily the real inventory. well i would go with "i'm cruising on JS, if it happens to be an upgrade then why not but not expecting anything"

10 hours ago, JFCruise said:

First, Royal's website is known to not show all available inventory.  Second, you said this cruise is in Jan 2026 (over 2 years away).  That's a LOT of time for bookings/cancellations/rebookings/cabin changes/RoyalUp/etc to drastically change the inventory.

Update:

I finally realized why, when mocking a non-GTY booking for 3 people, it only showed me 5 available cabins.

For some reason, the only cabin type that I'm offerred is a JY, which is a Sky Junior Suite. After about 5 minutes of research, those were previously only announced for Icon class, so it seems those are going to be on at least Harmony as well.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2334/06

3 minutes ago, JFCruise said:

Update:

I finally realized why, when mocking a non-GTY booking for 3 people, it only showed me 5 available cabins.

For some reason, the only cabin type that I'm offerred is a JY, which is a Sky Junior Suite. After about 5 minutes of research, those were previously only announced for Icon class, so it seems those are going to be on at least Harmony as well.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2334/06

Be wary of the Sky Junior suite on Harmony from suite perk perspective.  If you look at the details it claims Sky Class Exclusives but only lists Sea Class perks.  Not sure if that is mistake or not.

Sky Junior Suite

An incredible intimate suite with a great view, plus added suite benefits.

Size
Stateroom: 287 sq. ft.
Balcony: 80 sq. ft
Beds
Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
One double sofa bed in staterooms with up to 4 and 5 guests
One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests
Occupancy
Up to 5 guests
Sky Class Exclusives
Dinner at Coastal Kitchen, based on availability*
Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
Luxury Bathroom Amenities
*Reservations are required. Beverages are not included.

2 hours ago, Peter D said:

Not sure if that is mistake or not.

Given that the Sky Junior suites aren't going to be available until 2025 and RC's IT department reputation. I'm gonna go with mistake. Either way, I'm not really interested in paying more than what I already did.

I just found it interesting that apparently they are bringing the Sky JS to other ships.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, Peter D said:

Be wary of the Sky Junior suite on Harmony from suite perk perspective.  If you look at the details it claims Sky Class Exclusives but only lists Sea Class perks.  Not sure if that is mistake or not.

Sky Junior Suite

An incredible intimate suite with a great view, plus added suite benefits.

Size
Stateroom: 287 sq. ft.
Balcony: 80 sq. ft
Beds
Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
One double sofa bed in staterooms with up to 4 and 5 guests
One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests
Occupancy
Up to 5 guests
Sky Class Exclusives
Dinner at Coastal Kitchen, based on availability*
Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
Luxury Bathroom Amenities
*Reservations are required. Beverages are not included.

Yes, you have to look carefully. This is what I found in the FAQs:

VOOM Surf + Stream package is not included for Sky Junior Suites on select ships***.  
*** VOOM Surf + Stream package is not available for Sky Junior Suites sailing on Allure of the Seas®, Anthem of the Seas®, Harmony of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, Odyssey of the Seas®, Ovation of the Seas®, Quantum of the Seas®, Symphony of the Seas® and Wonder of the Seas®. Sky Junior Suites sailing on Icon of the Seas®, Spectrum of the Seas® and Utopia of the Seas® have this benefit included.
-Complimentary gratuities are not included for Sky guests.

Not sure if you get Suite Lounge/Sun deck access or Breakfast & Lunch also in Coastal Kitchen(doesn’t look likely) but seems clear, no Voom on those ships. Hopefully this will change and extend to all ships. It’s a nice option if you don’t mind spending extra. On Celebrity, their Sky Suites, which are really Junior Suites, have full Suite/Retreat access. 

The more I see on this Sky Jr Suite, the less I like about it.  I had booked it on Utopia when it was available.  I did question the location (deck 6 adjacent to Schooner Bar-port side and Photo/excursion desk-starboard side).  Sill I liked the idea of it at first.  As time went on though, It seemed to me that it was just a very expensive Jr suite, so I just rolled it back to a standard Jr suite. 

Now it seems that most other ships calling it Sky Jr are not actually giving any sky perks is definitely a head scratcher. That almost feels like false advertising.

11 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Yes, you have to look carefully. This is what I found in the FAQs:

VOOM Surf + Stream package is not included for Sky Junior Suites on select ships***.  
*** VOOM Surf + Stream package is not available for Sky Junior Suites sailing on Allure of the Seas®, Anthem of the Seas®, Harmony of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, Odyssey of the Seas®, Ovation of the Seas®, Quantum of the Seas®, Symphony of the Seas® and Wonder of the Seas®. Sky Junior Suites sailing on Icon of the Seas®, Spectrum of the Seas® and Utopia of the Seas® have this benefit included.
-Complimentary gratuities are not included for Sky guests.

Not sure if you get Suite Lounge/Sun deck access or Breakfast & Lunch also in Coastal Kitchen(doesn’t look likely) but seems clear, no Voom on those ships. Hopefully this will change and extend to all ships. It’s a nice option if you don’t mind spending extra. On Celebrity, their Sky Suites, which are really Junior Suites, have full Suite/Retreat access. 

What the HECK?! That's kinda messed up...but I guess they need to hold something back to lure people to sill book GS and above...