Can you bid on Royal Up for someone else?

jbrinkm

I'm not sure how payment works as we travel next to our teens and can never bid. BUT, my parents are cruising with us in March, they booked much later than us, it is a spring break trip (aka expensive), plus they are retired and on a fixed budget, so they booked a GTY ocean view (it was the same price as GTY inside) and got one on the third floor. I'd love to be able to put bids in for them to upgrade to some sort of balcony on the RU site with us paying. We are handling everything else for them other than their cruise fare and flights, so I have their accounts linked to mine and I have their reservation number. 

Do you put in a new credit card when you do a bid? When (if) I get my invitation to bid, can I just go in, put in their info, put in my credit card, and place bids for them?

18 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I'm not sure how payment works as we travel next to our teens and can never bid. BUT, my parents are cruising with us in March, they booked much later than us, it is a spring break trip (aka expensive), plus they are retired and on a fixed budget, so they booked a GTY ocean view (it was the same price as GTY inside) and got one on the third floor. I'd love to be able to put bids in for them to upgrade to some sort of balcony on the RU site with us paying. We are handling everything else for them other than their cruise fare and flights, so I have their accounts linked to mine and I have their reservation number. 

Do you put in a new credit card when you do a bid? When (if) I get my invitation to bid, can I just go in, put in their info, put in my credit card, and place bids for them?

Yep...you enter can a new card number for RU, so go for it. That'd be a great surprise! 

4 hours ago, F1guynz said:

yes i did this for my parents, I linked my reservation to theirs.

i could also buy a dining package on their behalf.

Thanks! I bought them Internet, a Soda package (all they wanted as far as beverages), the escape room with us, excursions and a boarding day lunch at Jamie's so far. They have not cruised since the 80s when the company my dad worked for used to take the employees on trips, so everything (including the MDR) will be new and exciting for them. We honestly love our MDR experience when we cruise. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but we have had great experiences with our servers and find the food to be just fine.