Odyssey extra large ocean view corner cabins?

RCIfan1912

On our cruise a few weeks ago on Liberty we noticed cabins we just didn't before or never really thought about. Forward facing ocean view cabins under the bridge so I was just checking on Odyssey that is coming to NJ soon. As I am looking way far out and noticed these extra crazy big cabins at the front corner. I was confused because I never knew about them. Now I watched some You Tube vids on them and they are pretty cool. Anyone stay in one of these cabins? It would be nice for a family of 4 to have a bit of extra space. We are gonna book one when the full schedule is released for 2025. Looking at Bermuda or Coco Cay again. Thanks. 

so i am not sure if this is quite the cabin you are referring to, but we had the extra spacious balcony -- and it was the biggest balcony i've ever had on a ship, bar none. our cabin was on deck nine, at the back hump, 9632, to be exact. one of the quietest cabins we ever had, since the one wall is basically just to the hall and  not another cabin.

ScreenShot2023-11-08at8_04_51AM.png.617ebe5a78364028462a08f47a92950c.png

i think the ones you are talking about are literally at the front but i get bad motion sickness so i would never book a forward cabin. i will tell you that we found the motion on this ship was more pronounced than any other -- maybe, given the long and narrow nature of the quantum class?

the more i am looking at it, the more i wonder if they are accessible rooms?

ScreenShot2023-11-08at8_08_47AM.png.74473cb031287b38bfe7f927c6e12aa7.png

4 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Forward facing ocean view cabins under the bridge so I was just checking on Odyssey that is coming to NJ soon. As I am looking way far out and noticed these extra crazy big cabins at the front corner. I was confused because I never knew about them. Now I watched some You Tube vids on them and they are pretty cool. Anyone stay in one of these cabins?

I think that the cabins you are referring to are the 1K (Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabins). I took a quick look on cruise deck plans, and they do not have these cabins. The closest they have are category 3M/4M which sit in the same location but they are just ocean view and they don't have that area that separates the kids that you see on YouTube from the Freedom class ships.

Back to Category 1K, the Ultra Spacious Oceanview, or anything in this area of the ship, I DO NOT recommend these cabins. We were once lured into booking one of these on Independence because of the extra space and the separation that it can provide from the kids. I hated this room. I will never book this room again. 

This room is LOUD! Every time the ship departs or docks, you hear all sorts of loud banging in this room. There are also very strong vibrations and shaking from this location as well. While motion can be felt on any ship and any sailing, it is the most pronounced in this location as well. We had to leave this room most of time because you could feel the motion so much here than elsewhere on the ship. I remember for that sailing, that anywhere was better than hanging out in our cabin, and we are totally cabin people! Even our meds for motion were not helping. The only advantage is that they have either a curtain or door that separates the bunks for the kids. But you need to be very careful if you book this room, because the configuration (layout) varies from deck to deck, because it sits at the very front of the ship.

Either way, the perk of having some separation from kids is not worth the cons of this room to me. I would not recommend.

Here is my blog from that sailing from a few years back: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10227-“into-the-unknown”-…-independence-ots-holiday-sailing-–-12292018-132019/

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I had this on Anthem but to Bahamas.  The walk to the back of the ship for meals is exhausting.  It really stinks when you forget something.  The noise when docking and motion in general were annoying.   It’s likely you’ll get tired of standing  at your window-but I’m sure the view will be amazing 

That is something I was thinking about. It's a long walk to the MDR and lots of other places. Luckily I love to walk, especially on cruises to burn extra calories but wife doesn't share that love. 🤣 Thanks for the info. 

53 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

That is something I was thinking about. It's a long walk to the MDR and lots of other places. Luckily I love to walk, especially on cruises to burn extra calories but wife doesn't share that love. 🤣 Thanks for the info. 

Yeah, this is the exact reason I changed our room on Oasis last month- booked the VERY last boardwalk balcony room because it had great views off the back, and a view of the aqua theater. Once my wife realized where I booked, she was like...no. 

35 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Yeah, this is the exact reason I changed our room on Oasis last month- booked the VERY last boardwalk balcony room because it had great views off the back, and a view of the aqua theater. Once my wife realized where I booked, she was like...no. 

We are gonna give it a shot, just try it. The extra room will come on handy with 2 kids. Kinda tight in a regular balcony. 

9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We are gonna give it a shot, just try it. The extra room will come on handy with 2 kids. Kinda tight in a regular balcony. 

Our was just a basic neighborhood balcony. But yeah, for all that extra room in the one you posted, I think she'd be willing to take the extra stroll 

On 11/8/2023 at 4:41 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

On our cruise a few weeks ago on Liberty we noticed cabins we just didn't before or never really thought about. Forward facing ocean view cabins under the bridge so I was just checking on Odyssey that is coming to NJ soon. As I am looking way far out and noticed these extra crazy big cabins at the front corner. I was confused because I never knew about them. Now I watched some You Tube vids on them and they are pretty cool. Anyone stay in one of these cabins? It would be nice for a family of 4 to have a bit of extra space. We are gonna book one when the full schedule is released for 2025. Looking at Bermuda or Coco Cay again. Thanks. 

Those forward-facing ocean view cabins are quite a discovery, aren't they? Planning for the Odyssey's visit to NJ and eyeing those extra spacious cabins for a future family trip sounds fantastic! Watching YouTube videos piqued my interest, and I'm excited to book one once the full 2025 schedule's out. Bermuda or Coco Cay – both excellent choices!