Wonder OTS One Fast Ship.

JasonOasis

It's been a while since I've personally been on an Oasis Class ship that was moving this fast.  And that's with an apparent 46kts (or if you convert it to MPH that is 52MPH) wind just ever so slightly off the bow of the ship.  I don't know how many engines they are running right now but i'm really impressed. In the airline industry you always want that tail wind when at cruise altitude as a headwind can slow you down.  The fastest I've personally observed while cruising on an Oasis Class ship is around 22.7 kts most times we sailing between 20-21 kts.  My husband was like it feels like we are really moving so I turned on the TV and sure enough 24.4 kts which is impressive on its own but the fact the ship is maintaining that speed with a 52 mph headwind beyond impressive and just shows the power of those engines and of course the 3 azipods.  

Wonder.jpg

No we left Costa Maya on time.

I guess they just turned the ship now that we don't have a  wind directly on the bow our speed is now up to 25kts.  They are flooring it tonight on Wonder of the Seas 25 kts on a cruise ship of this size.  I don't know what the record speed is on an Oasis Class ship but we have got to be getting close or even over the record.  This is awesome for a travel geek like me this is just the cherry on top of what's already been a fantastic cruise.  I can honestly say I've never been on a cruise ship moving at 25 kts.

wonder 2.jpg

So my husband and I are doing our annual b2b cruise so we are on Wonder this week as well.  

I don't have all the information but I what I do know is on the last day some time in the late afternoon early evening there was a medical emergency onboard Wonder it must have been serious enough to the point where the captain decided the best course of action wa to get Cape Canaveral as quickly as possible which is why Wonder was doing 25 kts. Even on arrival they didn't turn the ship around they just parked it bow first into the berth.  Hopefully the individual is okay and made it to the hospital and is on their way to making a full recovery.

I'm still impressed that a ship of this size and magnitude can move with that kind of speed.