Just Booked my first Celebrity Cruise

JasonOasis

Just booked my very first Celebrity Cruise on Apex this coming March 2024.  Some friends of ours who who are husbands moved to LA are on a Celebrity cruise right now (they normally cruise with Carnival).  They know I'll never cruise with Carnival again and they finally grown tired of Carnival and didn't want to cruise with Princess Cruises (thank the Lord) so they decided to book Celebrity.  They just booked another Celebrity cruise for March 2024 while currently onboard their first Celebrity cruise and they called our mutual friends here in Chicago who are engaged and told them about it so they booked the cruise and they then called me and was like you have to come as well.  Long story short I booked Celebrity Apex in an infinite veranda for a 7 night cruise in March for my husband and I.  

Both my husband and I are excited to try them out and we got what I would consider a really good deal on the veranda.  I called Celebrity directly and booked over the phone the guy was extremely nice very knowledgeable knew how to look for all the discounts and got us the all inclusive package for only $3,728.36  Not bad considering Apex is one of their newer ships and March is just a little over 5 months away.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you will love Celebrity and Celebrity is great when it is a group of friends.  I see Celebrity as relax and enjoy type of cruise.  They do not have all the toys the Carnival or RCL ships have but that is because their clients are more into relax and enjoy your vacation than climb a rock and surf a waive.  Good shows and good activities.  Everything on the ship is upscale and you see the little things are thought of.  Enjoy your vacation 🙂 

On 11/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, Traveling Mike said:

I think you will love Celebrity and Celebrity is great when it is a group of friends.  I see Celebrity as relax and enjoy type of cruise.  They do not have all the toys the Carnival or RCL ships have but that is because their clients are more into relax and enjoy your vacation than climb a rock and surf a waive.  Good shows and good activities.  Everything on the ship is upscale and you see the little things are thought of.  Enjoy your vacation 🙂 

Yeah I'm really excited to go on my first cruise with them.  

The one thing that has me nervous is I don't like wearing suits in fact out of all the clothes in my closet I only have 1 suit and I haven't worn it in like 15 plus years. And my husband doesn't have a suit at all.  We both use to have to wear suits 5 days a week years and years ago for work but when that changed we got rid of all our suits we gave them all including the ties to the Goodwill.  

My question is does Celebrity require guest to wear a suit on formal night or can we wear what we wear on Royal which is some nice denim jeans and a fabulous button down shirt?

3 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

I don't like wearing suits

I do not wear suits.  Back 17 years ago they made you wear suits or tuxes on formal night.  In the last 10 years it has not been forced.  There are some couples and family that get all dressed up.  I put on dockers and a nice polo shirt and call it good.  On normal nights I wear blue jeans and a polo shirt to dinner.

10 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Yeah I'm really excited to go on my first cruise with them.  

The one thing that has me nervous is I don't like wearing suits in fact out of all the clothes in my closet I only have 1 suit and I haven't worn it in like 15 plus years. And my husband doesn't have a suit at all.  We both use to have to wear suits 5 days a week years and years ago for work but when that changed we got rid of all our suits we gave them all including the ties to the Goodwill.  

My question is does Celebrity require guest to wear a suit on formal night or can we wear what we wear on Royal which is some nice denim jeans and a fabulous button down shirt?

Suits are not required.