Travel Agents

smost

How long should it take a travel agent to respond and fullfil your request?

For example, I emailed my travel agent on August 10 about adding prepaid gratuities to all my current invoices. They responded in the same day that they would do it but took 15 days to send another email saying it was done (August 25). I didn’t receive my updated invoices to sign until September 19. That's over a month before the request was actually fulfilled in their system.

This isn’t the first time it’s taken this long to finalize a request. I do know that the things I’m requesting aren’t emergencies and don't necessarily warrant a same day response and fix. However, there have been other minor issues such as me having to remind them when finale payment is due and they saying they have moved two of our cabins but only moving one of them.

Basically, I don't want to be that person but I'm wondering if I need a new travel agent. I thought having a travel agent would alleviate some stress. I am not saying that my requests need to be answered immediately, just that I feel like a month is a long time for a request to be finalized in the system.

45 minutes ago, smost said:

How long should it take a travel agent to respond and fullfil your request?

For example, I emailed my travel agent on August 10 about adding prepaid gratuities to all my current invoices. They responded in the same day that they would do it but took 15 days to send another email saying it was done (August 25). I didn’t receive my updated invoices to sign until September 19. That's over a month before the request was actually fulfilled in their system.

This isn’t the first time it’s taken this long to finalize a request. I do know that the things I’m requesting aren’t emergencies and don't necessarily warrant a same day response and fix. However, there have been other minor issues such as me having to remind them when finale payment is due and they saying they have moved two of our cabins but only moving one of them.

Basically, I don't want to be that person but I'm wondering if I need a new travel agent. I thought having a travel agent would alleviate some stress. I am not saying that my requests need to be answered immediately, just that I feel like a month is a long time for a request to be finalized in the system.

My TA is lighting quick. Email within a half hour usually and sometimes faster. We just did gratuities with our TA but I gave them the wrong CC info so it took the next day to fix it but that was my screw up. Called the next morning and an email confirmation a few minutes after we hung up. 

5 minutes ago, smost said:

Would it be cringey to ask the travel agency for a new agent? I’ve heard great things about this agency and would like to give them another shot.

It's YOUR money.

If you're not getting prompt response, move on  ... but if you'd like to give the AGENCY another try, ask for a new agent that would be responsive