Hotels close to Seattle port

LindaZ

We just cruised out of Seattle on Quantum a month ago.  Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near the Space Needle...2.9 miles and quick Uber to Pier 91...Included breakfast.  Hotel was nice, ample, clean.  We'd stay there again.

To be completely honest, there are LOTS of mostly chain hotels in this area  I am sure most are nice.  We picked this one for two reasons:  1) Close to port.  2) We had lots of Marriott points to spend.  If we were higher on Hilton points, we would have picked a nearby Hilton product.  If we had no hotel points, we probably just would have looked for the best deal.

We took Uber or Lyft from the Airport to the hotel and hotel to Pier 91.  Actually works out cheaper and more convenient thatn Seattle Express.  For the ride from the ship back to the airport, since we used the very convenient FREE Luggage Valet to take our luggage to the airport and check it in for us...and since we had a later flight out, we just got an Uber/Lyft to Pike Market, killed some time, ate lunch and took the very easy (with no luggage to worry about) fixed rail train to get us back to the airport for $3 pp.  Easy.

16 hours ago, LindaZ said:

Thanks for the info. I’ll check out one of those. I’m interested also in the luggage valet. Is that through the cruise ship?

It's actually provided by the Port of Seattle with the cooperation of the cruise lines and airlines.  This link explains it:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Simply wonderful.  I wish all ports provided this.  We provided our flight information on the ship.  The day before disembarkation, we were provided airline luggage tags and our boarding passes to our cabin.  Simply put the luggage tags on our luggage and left them outside our door by 10:00 pm.  The next morning, we just through the few things we had leftin my knapsack, had some breakfast and walked off the ship, explored Seattle and took the train to the airport...went through security and to the gate.  Didn't see our luggage again until we got to our home airport baggage claim.

When I cruised out of Seattle, I did my research and stayed by the airport.  I then got a shuttle that took me to the cruise ship.  I was told because of the homeless and drugs downtown Seattle was not a nice place to visit.  The hotels near the airport were cheaper than downtown.  I used Seattle Express for the shuttle and did not have any issues All Transfers Seattle | Seattle Express

39 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

When I cruised out of Seattle, I did my research and stayed by the airport.  I then got a shuttle that took me to the cruise ship.  I was told because of the homeless and drugs downtown Seattle was not a nice place to visit.  The hotels near the airport were cheaper than downtown.  I used Seattle Express for the shuttle and did not have any issues All Transfers Seattle | Seattle Express

1)  Again, we were there last month.  Walked all over the area near our hotel (Fairfield Inn)--To the Space Needle, the Gates Foundation and to restaurants for lunch and dinner.  We did not see nor encounter any unusual numbers of "homeless" people nor did we see anyone using or selling drugs.  We encountered nothing but friendly people and other tourists.  We passed a table operated by a newly opened Donut and Ice Cream shop where they gave us delicious free  samples.  We had a nice meal at the Five Point Cafe.  We felt absolutely safe the entire time.  A nice place to visit!

2)  We took Lyft from the Airport to our hotel..."Seattle Express" charges $25 per person for a bus--that leaves at 35 minute intervals from the airport.  Our Lyft ride cost us $46 and change plus a tip.  But, for about the same price as that bus, we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes...and we were the only passengers for door-to-door service to our hotel.  No other stops.

Just got back from Quantum last week. We stayed just west of downtown at Homewood Suites. Very convenient and mostly filled with other cruise passengers. We Ubered from the Hotel to pier 91 for $17 plus tip. Was cheaper than the shuttle option at the hotel. Our return was similar @Bruin Steve going to Pike Market first for lunch and sightseeing around downtown then light rail out to the airport also thanks to Port Valet luggage service. BY FAR the easiest & cheapest transfer we’ve ever had leaving the ship and getting to an airport.  NO issues at all for us downtown Seattle. Felt fine traveling around there. 

On 9/23/2023 at 8:53 AM, LindaZ said:

First cruise to Alaska next year. Not familiar with Seattle port or hotels. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay the night before the cruise? Thanks in advance. 

Hi!  

If you have any time to spend in the city before the cruise,  my two favs are The Edgewater and the Marriott Seattle waterfront.  If you are coming in late the night prior and just need a place to sleep before boarding the ship,  the airport hotels or the lower-cost options in the city may be an option.   The Edgewater is one of the closest to the RCL port. 

We had a cruise on the Ovation of the Seas out of Seattle just recently.   Stayed at the  Mediterranean Inn ( kinda pricey) 

We chose it since it offered some features which had its advantages

The location of the Hotel is downtown and has multiple dinning facilities within walking distance.  We never had to venture more than 3 blocks to go anywhere.

They offer a shuttle service on departing days directly to the port ( shuttle is separate vendor)  which is based upon your arrival time at the port terminal.  ( cost was $10 per person)   very short ride -

Upon conclusion of the cruise as our flight was not until the next day we stayed overnight back at the Hotel.  The cost from the port terminal back to hotel via taxi was a set cost of $25 

Also they offer a pickup service from the SEA-TAC Airport (separate vendor)  $65 total from airport to hotel.   Return service can also be scheduled from Hotel to Airport 

The pickup from the airport can be scheduled through the Hotel front desk during initial reservation.  You provide Airline flight info and mobile number.

Time frame for pickup to port terminal can be done upon check-in at the front desk.

We sailed Quantum two weeks ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown near the Space Needle. I chose this hotel because everything else was mostly sold out a year+ in advance due to a huge convention taking place the Monday we sailed out. This hotel was perfectly fine, the room was huge and had a nice view. We walked absolutely everywhere from here (Pike Place, waterfront, Olympic sculpture garden) and encountered exactly one sleeping homeless person the entire time. The city was perfectly safe and didn’t even have any trash on the streets; they have the fancy 3 cans for every trash can (trash, recycling, compost) like San Francisco. 

Where I actually saw a homeless encampment was in Victoria, BC where they supposedly have “no crime.” 😂

On 9/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, Traveling Mike said:

I was told because of the homeless and drugs downtown Seattle was not a nice place to visit.  

You missed out on a really enjoyable downtown because of that person (or people). Bummer. I've never had a problem in downtown Seattle. Granted, it's been a solid seven weeks since I've stayed in downtown Seattle...